HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Has anyone integrated Vanilla Forums with Perch CMS?

edited June 2014 in General Banter

Hi

I use Perch CMS for all my websites. Perch has a neat 'Members' add-on that allows users to sign-up and login to access members only areas of a website.

I'm thinking of installing the open source version of Vanilla on a sub-domain of a website that uses the Members add-on.

It'd be great if Members of the main Perch CMS powered website could use their Perch login details to login the Vanilla powered Forum.

Is this possible? I'd be looking for a friendly developer to help with this (paid) project.

Tagged:

Answers

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

Welcome to the community!

I have no prior experience with Perch, but Vanilla has an excellent plugin called jsConnect that can be used to connect with virtually any authentication software.

Are you looking to use Perch as your authentication system, or Vanilla?

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• edited June 2014

Hi, thanks for replying.

There'll be two types of users.

1. Forum only users - These users will create and manage their accounts only with Vanilla.
    2. Perch Members users - These users will be Perch site members, but may also want to contribute to the forums. It'd be nice if they could use the same login details.

Do you think jsConnect could do this?

• Just taken a quick peek at jsConnect - looks like just what I need!

I'll take a more in-depth look when I have some free time.

Can you recommend a place to find friendly Vanilla developers? :)

• whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... MVP
    edited June 2014

@StephenMeehan

Posting a reasonable spec in a thread on here, with a fair idea of budget will get you the best response, imo. You seem realistic and experienced, so I am sure one of the code gurus on here would be able to work with you.

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator
    edited June 2014

Here!

There are a handful of developers active on these forums. @peregrine, @businessdad, @shadowdare, @x00, and myself come to mind.

EDIT - @whu606 makes an excellent point.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Thanks Zach and whu606 (couldn't find you real name).

It'll be middle of July before I can dedicate some time to putting a good spec together, but I'll be sure to post something on this forum.

Thanks for making me feel so welcome.
    Stephen