Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

I need to add a java script code between post title and post?

I need to add a java script code between discussion title and discussion. How to do that?

Tagged:

Comments

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

Welcome to the community!

You probably don't need to insert the javascript right there. What are you trying to accomplish?

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• @hgtonight Thanks :-) I need to add Adsense ad as well as facebook like button without a plugin.

edited June 2014

There is no way to add this code without creating/using an addon.

http://vanillaforums.org/addon/browse/all/recent/2/?Keywords=adsense

Is there a specific reason you don't want to use a plugin?

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• @‌hgtonight Please can you tell me why you have said that there is no way to add this type of codes without plugin?

I mean, there should be a page. ( Ex: for WordPress CMS post.php file)

But, I am new for vanilla and I don't have good knowledge about vanilla. But I thought it is possible. I mean it is not a big work. isn't it?

Ya. There is a reason. Because many plugins, don't work with vanilla 2.1. So what will happen with next update? :-(

That's why I don't like to use plugins if it isn't really necessary. .

You are free to modify core files, but it is a very bad idea to do so. Modifying core files guarantees your mods will not work in future updates because they will be overwritten.

Plugins on the other hand usually don't break between core upgrades.

Search first

• @hgtonight Thanks.. Hmm Ok... I will use a plugin.