Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Soo much styles

Are you sure that there isnt any better way?

Comments

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

I am sure @caerostris‌ would gladly accept code submissions over on the github repository here: http://github.com/Caerostris/Van2Shout

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• caerostriscaerostris ✭✭
    edited June 2014

Yes, there has to be a better way ;)
    For now it's working though, and it's nothing critical, so I totally agree with @hgtonight ;)

• I would, but I am not skilled with Vanilla Plugin system, so idk where to search to replace it with normal inline styling (and using text-decoration: underline is pointless, becouse it should depend on forum theme and underline decoration on links is in browser as default lol...) :D

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited June 2014

@deathbeam said:
    I would, but I am not skilled with Vanilla Plugin system, so idk where to search to replace it with normal inline styling (and using text-decoration: underline is pointless, becouse it should depend on forum theme and underline decoration on links is in browser as default lol...) :D

there are only a few files in the plugin, certainly you can find where there styles are, and take them out and fashion it with a default css for everyone via custom.css in your theme.

just put a few different color choices each in a css file. and allow the forum owner to pick the color scheme they want with a dropdown box in settings dashboard. and add the addtional css that you want.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

It only looks like there is a lot in inline style but it is only one line that controls all of those lines. In theory you can remove that line and add the css to the css file for the plugin.

string = string + '<style type="text/css">#post' + id[0] + ' a { color:' + colourArray[0] + '; } #post' + id[0] + ' a:hover { text-decoration:underline; }</style>';

#post{
    color:red;
    font-size:14px;
    }
    a{
    color:blue;
    text-decoration:none;
    }
    a:hover{
    color:red;