Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

is it possible to move to other forum engine?

Hello.
Want to switch vanilla to xenforo\phpbb\other classic forum engine.
Is it a easy way to do it exist?

Comments

• you are asking in the wrong place, you need to ask on those forums.

grep is your friend.

• i asked there already :D

• whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... MVP

Well, if they don't know, why do you think people on here would?

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

@iddqd Vanilla's db structure is pretty straightforward and there is a Porter tool that puts it into an easier to understand format.

Sorry to see you go.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Ok. Thank you for your answers guys.
    Vanilla is great, but my users don't understand it.
    They want classic solution.
    I don't want to leave, but I need to do it.

@iddqd‌

What do you mean by 'classic solution'?

What is it that your users say they need most?

• They need that lame old 'table' structure you see when you first install phpbb, I guess...

You can probably easily mimick the table layout by setting it in the dashboard.

Problem will be the username on the left and his post on the right in the 'discussion' view.

Good luck converting, users usually move away from phpbb / xenforo / others

There was an error rendering this rich post.

• Yes, old table structures with avatar and control elements under them, fully functional bbcodes (((, personal picture galleries, and so on.
    The biggest problem is that I have very small regional community (around 100 people) and every one of them I know personally. So I can't ignore their opinion.
    phpbb\xenforo\vbulletin is very monstrous and I don't want even touch them, but I even don't want to polish Vanilla functionality firstly because I not good at that.

• you know that layout is provided in 2.1?

There is native BBCode.

grep is your friend.

• @UnderDog said:
    Problem will be the username on the left and his post on the right in the 'discussion' view.

This can be solved be solved by styling.

grep is your friend.

@iddqd‌

I suspect you would spend less time (and be happier) figuring out how to style Vanilla the way your members want, rather than trying to work out how to export the data to another forum (that you clearly don't want to use.)

Table layout is simply a click of an icon in the dashboard in Vanilla 2.1.

• ok, I'll try it. )))