HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Announcing Superstars.

its in beta but functional in 2.1

feel free to post snippets of code to enhance the plugin, if you desire.

this plugin was inspired by my thought a user should be able to have a page that displays who there favorite superstar posters are.

If this plugin were available on this forum - I would mark at least a dozen of you :). and I'm sure you know who you are.

my shortlist of Superstars appears on this page - List

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

Comments

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP
  • R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

@peregrine said:
    my shortlist of Superstars appears on this page - List

I didn't knew about that list, it's great! I've asked myself several times which badges are out there in the wild and now I can see them - even with the points they are worth. And there is also the user shown, that "assigned" you that badge. There's even one for 50k comments! :o

Well, then I guess it is wasted to write quality content. Switch over to babbling and go for the some-k-comments-badges! ;)

yea the 5k comments was easy only took almost two years...for me but you R_J seem to have more valuable babble than me so that should be a snap, plus you got what no one but Linc has... the coveted Yakshaver badge....

• plus you got what no one but Linc has... the coveted Yakshaver badge....

I could have sworn more of us shaved yaks. my razor is occam's best, but its dull from shaving yaks. ;)

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

@vrijvlinder said:
    you got what no one but Linc has... the coveted Yakshaver badge....

But I do not have (and guess I'll never earn) the Crystal Ball.

Have you seen that some of the badges are missing? Those two for example:
    http://vanillaforums.org/badge/combo
    http://vanillaforums.org/badge/lightning

@vrijvlinder said:
    you R_J seem to have more valuable babble than me so

By the way: my translation tool told me that "yak" also has the same meaning as "babble" - I hope there is no correlation in there...

LMFAO!!!! now that is funny as hell

a babbling Yak Badge !!

Yea those other badges are Bogus badges :(

Bogus=falsch

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

@R_J said:

I believe the all badge list only shows active badges. Inspecting the data version of those pages shows a bunch of properties of badges you may or may not know. E.g. http://vanillaforums.org/badge.json/combo

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

Oops! Showing the complete user information is surely not planned. If only the badges where OS - you could have filed an issue and maybe the corresponding fix to it then ;)

Very interesting finding!

Strange - LastIP (normally) doesn't contain any value. ..

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited July 2014

@r_j - can you guess what I am thinking now. I've written it down on a piece of paper.

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited July 2014

the updated version of plugin is no longer in beta status, it is now in gamma mode.

if all goes well it will migrate thru the letters to omicron mode and hope to extend it to omega mode some day.

@peregrine said:
    r_j - can you guess what I am thinking now. I've written it down on a piece of paper.

42? It must be 42! HA! I want to be awarded at least with a "Crystal Ball Juggler" badge for that :)

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited July 2014

r_j said: 42? It must be 42! HA! I want to be awarded at least with a "Crystal Ball Juggler" badge for that :)

so close it was 24. >:)

are you sure you have latest firmware upgrade for your crystal ball.

latest version of firmware is

3.141592653589793238462643383279502884197169399375105820974944592307816406286

• whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... MVP

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited July 2014

thank you @whu606.

@vrijvlinder is madly designing an icon for me based on my specs. :)

@‌r_j said

http://vanillaforums.org/badge/combo

http://vanillaforums.org/badge/lightning

I tried and failed at the lightning badge as well.
    http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/comment/166408/#Comment_166408

edited July 2014

It would be easier to arrange the icons using whu's S !!! I sent you a ruff idea of what I am working on...

To get the lightning badge you need to answer the question before it is asked !!

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited July 2014

Since room was limited on the icon, each superstar was selected via a random number generator from the huge list of superstars for the icon that vrijvlinder designed. If your photo is not on the icon, you are still a superstar in our hearts. <3

I am considering the plugin omega stable.

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited July 2014

tested only on bittersweet theme, embed friendly theme, and baseline theme. you many need to modify css if using other themes.