HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Functional offer

It would be very convenient if frontend available for administrator.

Tagged:

Comments

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

Hmmm... This doesn't really prevent the site from executing anything but the render code. I was able to submit a new discussion to my test server when this is enabled.

It would be better to check for a maintenance permission much earlier (probably right before/after the dispatch) and redirect to a maintenance notice page if they don't have the permission. You would have to have an entry page available for users to log in.

Would also be useful to have an inform message saying the site is closed to the public.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• businessdadbusinessdad Stealth contributor MVP

@hgtonight said:
    Hmmm... This doesn't really prevent the site from executing anything but the render code. I was able to submit a new discussion to my test server when this is enabled.

It would be better to check for a maintenance permission much earlier (probably right before/after the dispatch) and redirect to a maintenance notice page if they don't have the permission. You would have to have an entry page available for users to log in.

Would also be useful to have an inform message saying the site is closed to the public.

More or less the design I was going to implement. Now I just have to find the time LOL :)

@businessdad said:
    Now I just have to find the time LOL :)

The race is on to find some free time! ;)

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• businessdadbusinessdad Stealth contributor MVP

@hgtonight said:
    The race is on to find some free time! ;)

Go ahead, it will take me a while. I first have to finish the "Thanful People EX" plugin (which I plan to rename, since it became so different from the original one).

@businessdad said:
    Go ahead, it will take me a while. I first have to finish the "Thanful People EX" plugin (which I plan to rename, since it became so different from the original one).

You can take this one. ;)

I need to get Yaga released; I have a feeling it is never going to get out of beta.

EDIT - OK, I started it here: https://github.com/hgtonight/Plugin-AdminMode

Search first

@Almaz Here you go: http://vanillaforums.org/addon/adminmode-plugin

It was easier than I was expecting, but I hope you find it useful.

Search first

• Thank you @hgtonight

• oliverraduneroliverraduner Contributing to Vanilla since 2010 Switzerland ✭✭

By the way: this feature is now supported in the addon as out-of-the-box in the newest release for Vanilla Forums 3.3

fyi @Almaz @businessdad @hgtonight