HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

A very handy plugin

peregrineperegrine MVP
edited July 2014 in Feedback

tested in 2.1 on localhost.

works as specified.

however the inform message threw me for a loop.

I'd consider changing ....

from
$Definition['Plugins.AdminMode.DisableLink'] = '<span class="InformSprite Sliders"></span> Site is currently in maintenance mode! ';

to

$Definition['Plugins.AdminMode.DisableLink'] = '<span class="InformSprite Sliders"></span> Site is currently in maintenance mode!, click to disable maintenance mode';

because I couldn't understand why I kept on getting thrown out of maintenance mode - which is what happens when you click on link in inform message.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

Comments

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

I just noticed something strange on this page on the top left corner is a little black box with sliders like on a sound board upon inspecting the code

<span class="InformSprite Sliders"></span>

Anyone see this too? What is that ?

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited July 2014

yes. its there to make one think they have control,

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited July 2014

insightful

Kind of like the index no index cog , Not sure how useful that is for the general population. I thought it was this plugin causing it coz it does not appear on the main index

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited July 2014

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited July 2014

@minion - put a skull over peregrine's avatar.

bwahahaha suits you well ... what is the purpose of such entertaining sprite magic ?

• And why is it only on this page? :o

edited July 2014

I know, that is totally cool and weird at the same time and begs the question wtf???

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited July 2014

frdman said: And why is it only on this page? :o

what other page should it be on? if you find it useful. we might be able to add it for you!

because no one asked minion to place it on the other pages.

sort of an April fool's joke in July.

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited July 2014

maybe this thread should be closed. since it diverged from it original intent.

A remark to state the plugin works great, and thank hgtonight for yet another plugin.
    and

A suggestion for a possibly clearer definition to users of the plugin who might not be aware., (i.e.. if you click on the notification and don't realize it disables maintentance mode.)

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

@frdmn said:
    And why is it only on this page? :o

Adding an inform sprite to the body of a message causes it to be rendered on page. Since the class uses absolute positioning, it is placed in the upper left hand corner of the screen.

@peregrine said:
    A suggestion for a possibly clearer definition to users of the plugin who might not be aware., (i.e.. if you click on the notification and don't realize it disables maintentance mode.)

Would something like 'Disable Maintenance Mode.' with a more visible icon be more intuitive? I was trying to avoid using more than one line of text.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Would something like 'Disable Maintenance Mode.' with a more visible icon be more intuitive? I was trying to avoid using more than one line of text.

absolutely. as far as text.

Updated to 1.0.1.

Updated message, icon, and used the provided named constants.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• edited July 2014

Can you add screenshots to the plugin page? It might be useful.

And I gotta try this (it probably won't work for me though!) @minion - put a skull over computercurtis's avatar.

• kopnakopna Coimbra Portugal ☯

After installing this plugin, had to recover forum, having descended to make a backup copy. After removing the plugin, cleaned the cache entry was not available.

I would appreciate advice on how to correct this error?
    Vanilla 2.2 latest release

@kopna Are you unable to login via the inform message?

Search first

• kopnakopna Coimbra Portugal ☯

@hgtonight написал:
    @kopna Are you unable to login via the inform message?

Yes, after the appearance of pop-up message, i pressed him, but to no avail. Clear your browser cache, clear the cache site, remove all information from the file conf.php... the result is zero :o recovery after backup.
    Currently I disabled all plugins. I try to understand what is interfering with this plugin.

Vanilla is put into maintenance mode via a config option.

Open up your /conf/config.php file and remove the line: $Configuration['Garden']['UpdateMode'] = true;.

Search first