HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Modifying Display of Text Window in WYSIWYG (CLEditor) v 1.3.1 in v2.1 stable

DoyceTDoyceT Model Questioner ✭✭✭
edited July 2014 in General Banter

Hi all,

Versions of everything relevant are in the subject line. (I suspect "This Will be a Job for Super @vrijvlinder", but I'll ask out here.)

I have a problem with people copy/pasting 20-page word .doc syllabi directly into the text window and then wondering why the forum chokes on it or formats it terribly or cuts off the last 7 pages.

Now, I could just switch to button bar, which would ignore all that formatting BS and put in raw text, but the Powers That Be really want the formatting options the way they are right now.

So I've decided on the "soft" option of a stern warning, informing people to keep the copy-pasting down to ~10 pages at max, attach larger files to the post, as Dog intended, and don't come crying to me when they ignore these instructions and everything goes haywire. (See example, below.)

Basically, I would like the warning to appear in the location specified, but I have to admit that I haven't been able to figure out how to put any text in that area.

SO: if anyone even has a general suggestion about which file I need to edit - something to get me started in the right direction - I'd appreciate it.

Tagged:

Comments