Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Vanilla Forum Plugin for Wordpress

Hi !

When I enable this plugin, the Comments counter on my posts says " No Comments " irrespective of the number of comments therein.

Comment Integration option of the plugin is disabled. Enabling it does not change behavior.

As an example , see

http://mytopjob.in/mtjeng/is-social-media-getting-you-jobs-partial-survey-results-please-participate/#comment-138

Help please, thanks ..

Comments

• Options

This is correct for the permissions. According to guest permissions there is no comments.

You need to make that category publicly viewable to guests.

grep is your friend.

• Options

Sorry I don't understand. The Posts and the comments are being made in Wordpress, not on the Vanilla Forum side. So the question of category and guest permissions should not be there.

• Options
    x00x00 MVP
    edited July 2014

You either use vanilla comments, or wordpress not both.

Vanilla comments use a forum category.

grep is your friend.

• Options

As I said, comment integration option of the plugin is disabled. So there is no reason for it to interfere with the wordpress comment count is there ?

• Options
    hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

There is some type of mismatch on your site. Either you are using Vanilla comments and WP thinks there are none. Or you are using WP comments and Vanilla thinks there are none.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Options

I got that :-) I am using WP comments and vanilla thinks there are none. The issue is why ? If vanilla comment integration was enabled - and there were no comments via the vanilla forum this could be right behavior. But vanilla plugin's comment integration is disabled. So is this a plugin bug or specific to my site ?

• Options

You may think you have it disabled, but the a Vanilla script is being included in the linked page.

<script type="text/javascript">
    var vanilla_forum_url = 'http://mytopjob.in/mtjsoc';
    (function() {
       var vanilla_count = document.createElement('script');
       vanilla_count.type = 'text/javascript';
       vanilla_count.src = vanilla_forum_url + '/js/count.js';
       (document.getElementsByTagName('head')[0] || document.getElementsByTagName('body')[0]).appendChild(vanilla_count);
    })();
    </script>

Loading the site with JS disabled confirms my claim.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Options

That is interesting, thanks.

But Vanilla commenting is disabled....see snap attached...

Anything I am doing wrong ? Pl advise.

• Options

Did you modify your template manually to include the code?

What are the settings on the Vanilla side?

Search first

• Options

1) No ,haven't modified templates to include the code.. how'd I do that , btw ?
    2) There is no setting on the Vanilla jsconnect side...except that it is enabled..I have now disabled it but the Comment Count still shows as Zero..