HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Official Feedback Thread

Comments

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

@EthernetGuru‌ From three comments above yours:

@hgtonight said:
    Clicking the header on the column 'Action' will check all the boxes for you.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• This is a great tool - although, I'd love the option to "Delete User Content" when banning (just as there is when you ban manually). Otherwise, if I ban with this tool, their spammy links in their profile still remain. :(

@FerrariSteve‌ That is a great idea. I posted an issue on the GitHub so I can get around to it eventually: https://github.com/hgtonight/Plugin-BulkEdit/issues/1

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• It's broken in v2.1.8p2 as the 'Action' column is now filled with 'Action' labels and NOT checkboxes. It worked as expected in v2.1.8p1

• Upon inspection of the plugin code...it appears the $Sender property 'EventArgs' no longer exists when UserController_UserCell_Handler is called (class.bulkedit.plugin.php line #57

/me shakes fist at @‌R_J

There was a recent patch which necessitates an update.

Search first

• R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin
    edited January 2015

We should have done it with a fallback:

if (!isset($Sender->EventArgs['User'])) {
      $User = $Sender->EventArgs['User'];
    } else {
      $User = $Sender->EventArguments['User'];
    }

BulkEdit 1.3 is out.

It drops support for anything under 2.1.8p2.

It also works with the latest stable version of Vanilla.

Search first

• Hi,

I'm using 1.3 and it stopped working. I check several users (spammers) and select Ban - it goes through the whole process and looks like it's working. But when I click to go back to user list - they're all still there. Even after I refresh the user list.

Can you help?

Thanks!
    Sheena

@jcncnc What version of Vanilla are you running?

Search first

• phreakphreak Vanilla*APP (White Label) & Vanilla*Skins Shop MVP

@hgtonight: I us Vanilla 2.2 with an BulkEdit 1.3 and there seems to be an issue. The checkboxes are visible in the user list, just the select menu and the go button that define the action are not shown.

• VanillaAPP | iOS & Android App for Vanilla - White label app for Vanilla Forums OS
    • VanillaSkins | Plugins, Themes, Graphics and Custom Development for Vanilla
  • I just wanted to say that this is an incredibly useful plugin, and IMO should really be built in to Vanilla. Thank you!

• Hi Guys, It's 2.2.1 vanilla i'm running. Tried the newest addon release and failed.

When I want to add Roles for some users and click "Set Roles" button there is an error message in crimson up there "Plugins.BulkEdit.RoleIDs is not allowed line" (or something like that)

It's bad and makes me upset.

Please Help

Thanks in advance.
    Dmitry

• I am getting the error as well.

Tried checking out the code, but can't figure out what is preventing it as it seems to be OK code wise.

It is only giving out the error when trying to change roles in the users. :(

@Dmitry33 and @Eriel This needs some major rework, from the looks of it. I will update it when time permits.

Search first

• May the Force be with you

• I got this problem "Plugins.BulkEdit.RoleIDs is not a valid string." when trying to use the plugin

• @phreak said:
    @hgtonight: I us Vanilla 2.2 with an BulkEdit 1.3 and there seems to be an issue. The checkboxes are visible in the user list, just the select menu and the go button that define the action are not shown.

@hgtonight I have exactly the same issue. I am on Vanilla 2.3 and can see the checkboxes under column 'Action' but the select menu is missing.

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

Please replace these sections with this and report back

line 48

public function Controller_Settings($Sender) {
        $Sender->AddCssFile('plugin/BulkEdit','design/bulkedit.css');
        $Sender->PluginDescription = 'Remove users, add/remove roles, set multiple roles, ban/unban, and verify multiple users all from the Users dashboard.';
        $Sender->Title('Bulk Edit Settings');
        $Sender->Render($this->GetView('settings.php'));
      }

line 67

public function UserController_Render_Before($Sender) {
        $Sender->AddJsFile('plugin/BulkEdit','js/bulkedit.js');
        $Tools = '<select name="BulkEditDropDownAction" id="BulkEditDropDown"><option value="0">With Checked Users...</option><option value="remove">Remove Users...</option><option value="role/add">Add Role to Users...</option><option value="role/remove">Remove Role from Users...</option><option value="role/set">Set roles for Users...</option><option value="ban">Ban Users...</option><option value="ban/unban">Unban Users...</option><option value="verify">Verify Users...</option><option value="verify/unverify">Unverify Users...</option></select>';
        $Sender->AddDefinition('BulkEditTools', $Tools);
      }

• edy123edy123 New York,NY New

@vrijvlinder said:
    Please replace these sections with this and report back

line 48

public function Controller_Settings($Sender) {
        $Sender->PluginDescription = 'Remove users, add/remove roles, set multiple roles, ban/unban, and verify multiple users all from the Users dashboard.';
        $Sender->Title('Bulk Edit Settings');
        $Sender->Render($this->GetView('settings.php'));
      }

line 67

public function UserController_Render_Before($Sender) {
        $Sender->AddJsFile('plugin/BulkEdit','js/bulkedit.js');
        $Tools = '<select name="BulkEditDropDownAction" id="BulkEditDropDown"><option value="0">With Checked Users...</option><option value="remove">Remove Users...</option><option value="role/add">Add Role to Users...</option><option value="role/remove">Remove Role from Users...</option><option value="role/set">Set roles for Users...</option><option value="ban">Ban Users...</option><option value="ban/unban">Unban Users...</option><option value="verify">Verify Users...</option><option value="verify/unverify">Unverify Users...</option></select>';
        $Sender->AddDefinition('BulkEditTools', $Tools);
      }

replacement code does not work