Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

YAGA User profile page error "Something has gone wrong"

Hi there, I'm just building a forum and really like your YAGA application. I have it installed and it works great apart from when you click to view a user profile or if you click on your own user profile page (e.g. http://linktoforum/profile/username). I just get the Vanilla error "Something has gone wrong." This only happens if I enable the 'Use Reactions' module in the YAGA settings. If I have all the other modules enabled, excluding reactions, the profile pages load perfectly? Any help would be hugely appreciated!

I'm running Vanilla 2.1 and I've updated YAGA to 0.6.1.

Many thanks in advance!

Alex

Comments

• I should probably mention that I've updated to 2.1.1. Would really appreciate any help you guys can provide! Thanks B)

• here's a handy tip that everyone who runs a forum should know about.

http://docs.vanillaforums.com/developers/troubleshooting/

the link is also in the readme of the vanilla 2.1.1 installation notes, which are handy as well.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Thanks Peregrine, that is a very useful page. I'll let you know how I get on.

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

Thanks for trying my addon!

I am happy to help once you report the actual error with debugging turned on. :)

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Thanks @hgtonight‌, YAGA definitely does what I'm after! I'm still having problems with it though.. It's really strange but it's just the user profile pages which are erroring ("Something has gone wrong") when reactions are enabled in the settings. If I turn reactions off, the profile pages work fine. I can now point you to the forum (had to keep it quiet previously) but now that the iOS game is live on the Canadian AppStore I can share the forum link:

http://muglakitty.com/forum

I've turned debug on for now, the game has only gone live in the last 36 hours so it's not likely that many people will be jumping all over the forum just yet.

Here's what a discussion page debug trace is churning out:

Debug Trace
    Info Need to re-index theme cache
    Info Need to re-index plugin cache
    Info CommentModel->PageWhere()
    Info Comment.Page.30.6.1: false

If it's of any use, I followed the steps which @peregrine‌ very kindly posted and I deleted the .ini files. With debug trace turned on in the config file, it displays the profile page data (with reactions turned on) but doesn't apply any styling and displays only the text and missing the rest of the page's elements.

Any help you can provide would be hugely appreciated!

FYI: I'm on YAGA 1.0, Vanilla 2.1.1 and using a custom responsive theme. I've tried changing the theme to Vanilla default but encountered the same problem.

Many thanks in advance,

Alex :)

P.S. If you're based in Canada and have an apple device, please do download the game and let me what you think!

Are you running any other plugins?

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• edited September 2014

Here's a screen shot of the plugins I have enabled.. Really thankful for your time @hgtonight‌!

• Whoops that didn't work! Here you go...

I did a fresh install of 2.1.3 with your same plugins and Yaga and am not seeing an issue.

Could you upgrade your Vanilla install to 2.1.3 to rule that out?

Could you post your /conf/config.php file with the sensitive information removed? I want to make sure I have the plugins configured the same way.

Search first

• Of course, I'll get onto that now. Thanks so much man :)

• I've quite possibly done the most stupid thing I've ever done in my life thus far and overwritten the files and database and therefore lost most of the data. I'm arranging now, for our server / DB host to revert everything back to yesterday lol. Will try again tomorrow. Thanks again @hgtonight‌ for your help today. Perhaps I should just bite the bullet and do a fresh install of everything and re-set up the forum.

Ooof...

At least you have a backup!

Post back when you want to continue debugging. :)

Search first

• Thanks dude,

I've opened up a whole host of issues now.. Social logins for Facebook and Twitter are now broken as well and I can't for the life of me figure out what's happening lol. I'll give it another go if I get some spare time over the weekend, otherwise I'll give you an update on Monday. Thanks for your patience @hgtonight‌ :)

Alex