Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Area only an individual member can see?

I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction here. Is there an area in Vanilla which only an individual member can see?

I want to embed some HTML that will be specific for each member, and only want that member to be able to see/access it.

(Embedding an editable Google Spreadsheet, so that member can enter data).

Thanks in advance,

Whistler

Tagged:

Comments

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited September 2014

probably the one way to try would be via personal messages conversations since they are private with respect to who is in the conversations.

or maybe you make a category and if that discussion fall within that category then only the OP can view it.
    via a plugin. Check op userd against session userid, Then use a plugin that changes the OP name to match each of the user specific discussions. Or have each user start a discussion in that special category. and then make the relevant changes to check for category, session userid and up author userid (and or admin).

It would take some programming as well. It wouldn't be dynamic.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• edited September 2014

CustomPages plugin + user session will help u create new section

here method to get user id using session

$Session = Gdn::Session(); $user_id= $Session->User->UserID;

o:)

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

The custom pages plugin would be a good way to go, imo.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.