Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Google sign in plugin not working?

Hi,
i enabled the google sign in plugin after enabling the open id and but when it try to sign through google it throws me an error
400. That’s an error.
OpenID auth request contains an unregistered domain:
is it me or the plugin not working? my vanilla version is 2.1.3
according to this
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/23773275/changed-domain-error-openid-auth-request-contains-an-unregistered-domain
google nolonger allows it ?

Tagged:

Comments

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

Welcome to the community!

Google's OpenID service has been deprecated in favor of Google+ integration. There is a Google+ plugin available in the git repo here: https://github.com/vanilla/addons/tree/master/plugins/GooglePlus

Take care, as the plugin has not been tested on many platforms yet.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• thankyou so much for the confirmation .i think in the next update developers should remove the google signin plugin from vanilla core files.

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

@Vegetacool said:
    thankyou so much for the confirmation .i think in the next update developers should remove the google signin plugin from vanilla core files.

Last I checked, OpenID still works for users that had registered with Google earlier. Here is the deprecation time table: https://developers.google.com/+/api/auth-migration#timetable

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• GooglePlus plugin giving fatal error for Vanilla 2.1.3
    Call to undefined function SocialSignInButton() in /Users/mye/Sites/vanilla/plugins/GooglePlus/class.googleplus.plugin.php on line 145

Looks like it's for developing Vanilla 2.2.x

Any solution for authorisation with G+ ???

• Sinto001Sinto001 New
    edited September 2014

So I cannot use google+ sign-in plugin or is there any other plugin approved for vanilla ??

I simply downloaded the addons-master.zip and from plugins folder simply uploaded Googleplus to my web forums folder but after adding the client and secret and checking on the front end shows that no sign button and no proper categories....??? and I now remove the plugin to work everything fine..

• What should be the redirect url for forums that should be added to app in google console ...?

• x00x00 MVP
    edited November 2014

This is untested, and there may be other issues but you could make a file conf/bootstrap.after.php

then put this inside

<?php if (!defined('APPLICATION')) exit();
    if (!function_exists('SocialSignInButton')) {
       function SocialSignInButton($Name, $Url, $Type = 'button', $Attributes = array()) {
          TouchValue('title', $Attributes, sprintf(T('Sign In with %s'), $Name));
          $Title = $Attributes['title'];
          $Class = val('class', $Attributes, '');

switch ($Type) {
             case 'icon':
                $Result = Anchor('<span class="Icon"></span>',
                   $Url, 'SocialIcon SocialIcon-'.$Name . ' ' . $Class, $Attributes);
                break;
             case 'button':
             default:
                $Result = Anchor('<span class="Icon"></span><span class="Text">'.$Title.'</span>',
                   $Url, 'SocialIcon SocialIcon-'.$Name.' HasText ' . $Class, $Attributes);
                break;
          }

return $Result;
       }
    }

grep is your friend.

• THANKS!!! Correction: conf/bootstrap.after.php

• sorry yes a typo.

grep is your friend.

• same error with google sign in. Error 400 .
    Google plus plugin also not working. What should I do now, to make users sign in to my site using their google id ?

• Silly question but how do i download this plugin ? I'm using windows.

• BleistivtBleistivt Moderator
    edited November 2014
  • Thanks. It worked. Can anyone tell me how to make the other social login button like twitter and facebook to look like the googleplus one. It looks awesome.

• GogitoGogito New
    edited December 2014

When using the Bootstrap theme and implement the fix given above, the plugin looks fine but when switching to some other theme, it doesn't.

d.PNG 23.1K
    s.PNG 10.8K
  • Add this to your stylesheet:

.SocialIcon-Google .Icon {
        background-position: 0 -72px;
    }
    .SocialIcon-Google.HasText .Icon {
        background-position: 0 -96px;
    }
    .SocialIcon-Google,
        background-color: #da5442;
    }
    .SocialIcon-Google:hover {
        background-color: #c33926;
    }

• @Bleistivt said:
    Add this to your stylesheet:

.SocialIcon-Google .Icon {
    background-position: 0 -72px;
    }
    background-position: 0 -96px;
    }
    .SocialIcon-Google,
    background-color: #da5442;
    }
    .SocialIcon-Google:hover {
    background-color: #c33926;
    }

Also, just noted this on bootstrap:
    it seems to be missing

• @Gogito said:

Anyone ?

• R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

Maybe Kasper has an answer if you post that issue on GitHub as it is described in the Bootstrap themes readme.

• AaronWebsteyAaronWebstey Headband Afficionado Cole Harbour, NS ✭✭✭

I described some fixes a while back that I used to get it working; I'll see if I can find the post.

• AaronWebsteyAaronWebstey Headband Afficionado Cole Harbour, NS ✭✭✭

http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/comment/220368/#Comment_220368

With an important comment by @Bleistivt‌ that I just noticed.