Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Is it possible to make the recent activity feed private so only you (the user) can see it?

The items that appear in the activity feed are not really suitable or relevant to other users so is there a way to set this so only you (the user) can see your recent activity feed?

Tagged:

Answers

• BleistivtBleistivt Moderator
    edited September 2014

How should this work? Other people can comment on your activities, they should be able to see their comments, right?

But you can disable the activity tab in profile pages with
    $Configuration['Garden']['Profile']['ShowActivities'] = false;

• Is the Chat Wall and Recent Activity Feed the same thing or used for the same thing? Basically I don't feel there should be a history of activity with a comment box at the top it doesn't make sense to me but that's just my opinion. If it's supposed to be a chat wall as well why would it add actions made by the user that would be irrelevant to the conversation. I might have got confused with the intention of this feature?

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

The activity feed is public. Users can comment on activity items, or add their own.

The personal activity feed is separate but related to the public activity feed.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.