Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

is there any way to show categories on mobile and discussions normal as index

The list of Discussions is my index page right now,

But i think the list is becoming too long to show on Mobile screens.

Is there any way to show the Category page on mobile as index? On my pc i just want to see Discussions as index.

Vanilla vla 2.1.3 on ozone 2.1

Best Answer

Answers

• Well, if its that hard, its not much needed..

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator
    edited October 2014

You got me. :(

It isn't hard:

public function Gdn_Dispatcher_BeforeDispatch_Handler($Sender) {
      if(IsMobile()) {
        Gdn::Router()->SetRoute('DefaultController', 'categories', 'internal', FALSE);
      }
    }

Still a terrible idea, imo.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Why would it be a terrible idea in your opinion?

:D

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

Showing different content to mobile users is bad IMO. Mobile users want the same content. Don't do anything beyond making it fit in their viewport.

Personal opinion, ofc.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Thats true, and i decided that its bad to show them different contents. Some users are using both pc and mobile, and indeed they want the same content.

Nevermind, thanks for sharing your solution! @hgtonight