Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Flagging comments - hiding them until moderation

Is there a plugin that allows users to flag content and will temporarily hide the comment until it has been approved or deleted in the moderation queue?

Answers

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

This would make for a great Yaga plugin. Once a UGC item reaches a specific threshold, bury/promote it by default.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Yes that sounds good. Do you mean after it reaches a specific number of flags?

What I would like is for the forum users and moderators to self moderate on this aspect, if discussions and comments are flagged they get temporarily hidden until the Admins review the flagged queue and can either approve it (it will then reappear), bump it (if it's been hidden for a while), or delete it.

That could be done.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Excellent - am loving how customisable Vanilla is, seems like pretty much anything is possible :-)

• @hgtonight could i sponsor you to create this plugin? I want the ability to set a flagging threshold by total flagging number and/or by user number and once the set threshold has been reached the question/discussion is burried and if the flags are dismissed by admin the post is promoted to the top?

@TownFish I have an opening for some freelance work. PM me and we can work out the details.

Search first

• TownFish the karma plugin I made for you works with the Flagging plugin if you are goign to handle flagging with Yaga reputation, it would need to be redone. Just pointing that out.

grep is your friend.

• Thanks @x00 that makes sense, ok so would this be a seperate plugin that you develop exclusively to handle this exact purpose. If say 2 or 3 users flagged the same post this would temporarily bury the post while admin reviewed it. Then if the flag was dimsmissed it would reappear as live.

Sorry for all the requirements always happy to sponsor for some of these to be developed :-)

• x00x00 MVP
    edited November 2014

you can do it one of two ways

1. You get hgtonight to handle flag reputation through YAGA, then I redo the Karma feature.
    2. Or I make a plugin that hides it based on how many flags using the flagging plugin data.

I haven’t really checked out YAGA that much so can't comment on its features. The Fagging plugin is an early plugin before even the moderation queue.

grep is your friend.