HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

"Photo is required." Error on registration

First off hi everyone, Im an experienced Vbulletin admin who's just migrated to Vanilla

I'm getting an 'Photo is required.' error when new users register here http://ukmusic.com/social/entry/register

Please help !

Doug.

Comments

• R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

Have you run example.com/utility/structure? I guess your Gdn_User|Photo column is wrong in the database. It must be NULL by default.

• RJ, brilliant work sir, I didn't know about the utility (wasn't mentioned anywhere else !) but ran that and works great now

• @DougCooper said:
    RJ, brilliant work sir, I didn't know about the utility (wasn't mentioned anywhere else !) but ran that and works great now

I didn't know about the utility (wasn't mentioned anywhere else !) but ran that and works great now

do you mean it wasn't mentioned in the readme, the install and upgrade instructions, the troubleshooting instructions, the release notes, and the documentation link, as well as other places.

glad you solved it.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• lol YUP

I think it is awkward that there are some tools hidden. I would welcome an "Advanced Settings" screen, maybe only available when something has been set in the config. But only one place to find "hidden" config options.

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

... yes, and also /dashboard/role/defaultroles and whatever there additionally might be ;)

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited November 2014

The problem with adding these to core,

the Downside with adding it as a core plugin:

people would be able to find them :wink:

and perhaps be able to solve their own issues if there was a small description explaining what the links do (in laymen's terms).

meaning less repetitive Questions asked on this forum.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.