HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

[Deleted User] doesn't rename

edited November 2014 in Feedback

This is a great plugin, but I'm having one strange issue with it - even though I've chosen a new name with which to replace [Deleted User], the names are still showing up as [Deleted User], such as on the activity page/stream.

Is there anything I could possibly do to fix this?

Thank you very much for your time and response.

[Added info: 2.1.5, www.crisisforums.org]

Comments

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

How did you remove their content ?

Is there a profile for the deleted user still ?

Make sure your config.php is saving the changes

$Configuration['Plugins']['DefaultAvatarPlugin']['Deleted']= "Bob";

You can always use a locale Definition to change those words.

$Definition['Deleted User'] = 'Bob';

• @vrijvlinder said:
    How did you remove their content ?

Is there a profile for the deleted user still ?

Make sure your config.php is saving the changes

$Configuration['Plugins']['DefaultAvatarPlugin']['Deleted']= "Bob";

You can always use a locale Definition to change those words.

$Definition['Deleted User'] = 'Bob';

Thanks for writing back, I appreciate it.

They were deleted through the dashboard. There is no longer a profile for them.

I checked config.php and that line of code is indeed there.

I tried adding the "locale" line to both "definitions.php" and "other-definitions.php" in "Locales>Skeleton" but it still shows as "Deleted User".

Is there possibly anything else I could try?

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

Yes but there are several ways to delete, their content only, their entire profile and also any discussions they may have been part of, or replace their content with deleted user, which means the profile would still exist but the name would be deleted user anywhere they posted.

This only works if the profile and content are still available. Because this plugin only adds an avatar to the profile. If there is no more profile then the plugin can't do anything to change that.

The Banned plugin works similarly in that it replaces the user name with Banned in any of their content. But if you delete the user profile and not their content, then it becomes deleted user because there is no more profile to attach it to.

You could also go inside the database and erase or change that by hand.

• @vrijvlinder said:
    Yes but there are several ways to delete, their content only, their entire profile and also any discussions they may have been part of, or replace their content with deleted user, which means the profile would still exist but the name would be deleted user anywhere they posted.

This only works if the profile and content are still available. Because this plugin only adds an avatar to the profile. If there is no more profile then the plugin can't do anything to change that.

The Banned plugin works similarly in that it replaces the user name with Banned in any of their content. But if you delete the user profile and not their content, then it becomes deleted user because there is no more profile to attach it to.

You could also go inside the database and erase or change that by hand.

Ah, I believe I understand now. In that case, I'll probably just leave things as they are, as I thoroughly enjoy your plugin allowing me to choose a default avatar.

Thank you very much for your help and elucidation - I appreciate it.