Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Foolishly used a Github Master and want to get on official releases...

schemulaschemula New
edited November 2014 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

I foolishly just downloaded the master branch off Github and ended up going live with it. It's actually rather stable and so forth, but, I'd rather get on official releases.

Is it possible to get from 2.2.16.7 to 2.1.6?

Thanks.

Tagged:

Comments

• LincLinc Detroit Admin

It is, but I recommend testing on something other than your live site. It may require a /utility/update afterward.

• I can test on a VM with the same LAMP set-up, but, mostly follow the upgrade instructions as for any 2.1.x upgrade?

Thanks.

• schemulaschemula New
    edited November 2014

I'm also getting permissions errors for cache and conf even though they are definitely set 777. If you've ever heard of that issue. I had them same issue when I was trying to do this last night with version 2.1.5. uploads took 777 just fine.

minimal install CentOS 7, LAMP - same set-up as production, which went fine.

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited November 2014

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Gotcha, thank you very much. The install of 2.2.16.7 went fine on CentOS on the VPS. I've had trouble replicating it locally though. The folders are definitely 777 but 2 of them fail the install check.

I might just sneak the site over to Ubuntu Server in the middle of the night.

Thanks again.

Note to self, don't go live like this again! I went from dorking around to live, and well, here we are, lol.

• LincLinc Detroit Admin

FWIW, I run master on CentOS with no issues.

• Yes, I tested and went live with master and had no trouble and it's been very solid with no issues.

I was just looking to get on the official public release.

I'm not having any issues with master but I want to get on 2.1.6 and set up a dev server, and a backup plan and all that and I'm kind of in no mans land at the moment.

2.1.5 and 2.1.6 both fail the install check (using CentOS) reporting that cache and conf are not 777 when they actually are.

I'm ok with using Ubuntu server if that gets me in sync with the public release.

• LincLinc Detroit Admin

@schemula said:
    2.1.5 and 2.1.6 both fail the install check (using CentOS) reporting that cache and conf are not 777 when they actually are.

I'd bet a dollar that there's no difference in the install checker from 2.1 to master.