Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Same error on many plugins:

2»

Comments

• Options

do you want to pm me you admin login and password.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options
    DenisSDenisS My brain hurts Buriram ✭✭

ok to the site or hosting

• Options

just pm you an admin login for your forum with a password.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited December 2014

If someone wants to help Denis - he has multiple problems

he's got garbage in his theme. the default theme. and other themes with no plugins turned on.

he's got the wrong version of pockets - he needs to get it from github.

Basic pages app is enabled - but I think his themes are so whacked out it won;t show the menu item in the menu.

however it Basic Pages app enables properly.

I think his problem is he is not focusing on only testing one plugin at a time and making sure all others are disabled while testing each one. he is trying to make things go faster, but only making things go slower.

he needs to test all the plugins he wants to use one at a time - with all others disabled.

and test everything with an unadulterated version of vanilla 2.6 with the bittersweet theme.

his theme is missed up

he needs to delete plugins (that didn't come from vanilla core) from the /plugins folder that he knows he will never use . if he wants a clean plugin folder.

he needs to re-install vanilla 2.6 source code and overwrite theme changes - because he is corrupting things with his own modifications.

he needs to get the updated pockets from github - so it will work in vanilla 2.1

• Options
    vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP
    edited December 2014

Ok, sorry for being harsh but I was hoping it motivated you to follow the instructions .

If you want me to set up your forum give me access to your host and I will look at it and help you out. But I truly believe that if you only stick to the instructions peregrine has laid out above here , that you can do it your self.

Just pretend it is a new install . Save the old plugin folder under another name and then start again.

Overwrite the files and make sure you keep a copy of the htaccess file because the overwrite also hits that one.

After this only use plugins that have been updated recently. The plugins in this addon repo on this forum are not up to date if they have not been updated within the last year to be safe.

Considering the time space fluctuations, if you plan on logging out just say will be back tomorrow so we know not to wait for you . Maybe that could help..

• Options

I started with a fresh install completely: I enabled one plugin at a time, the one's that were ok i left installed. when I came across Plugins that did not install or threw errors I kept a log of them. Then saying that some throw errors when $Configuration['Debug'] = TRUE; is on, so you can imagine the mathematical combinations of finding all faults. One questions is the database setup the same in 2.1.6 as before it's looks like it is but maybe the access coding is different? Because i copy my old database into the new test forum database.

• Options

the structure of the database is different from 2.0 which is why you need to run utility/structure

You messed up your theme by editing the default and or have something quite screwy going on.

• Options

My first attempt at adding a plugin ( pockets )
    Pockets Administrators may add raw HTML to various places on the site. This plugin is very powerful, but can easily break your site if you make a mistake.

Vanilla 2 Approved Type Plugin Version 1.1.2 Author Todd Downloads 5,163 Updated November . This is the last version? gave this error:

Notice: Undefined index: MobileOnly in /home3/hannahas/public_html/isaanexpats/plugins/Pockets/library/class.pocket.php on line 142

Notice: Undefined index: MobileNever in /home3/hannahas/public_html/isaanexpats/plugins/Pockets/library/class.pocket.php on line 143

I can see there is one on GITHUB with no version number. I looked and see there was an alteration to plugins/Pockets/class.pockets.plugin.php so i edited the file and come up with this error:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected 'if' (T_IF) in /home3/hannahas/public_html/isaanexpats/plugins/Pockets/class.pockets.plugin.php on line 325

Ok I must be stupid, but i cannot see a way of downloading a plugin from GITHUB at all. Why are the plugins different ver on there?

• Options
    edited December 2014

This is after uploading all new core files and deleting all plugins. The is also just having pockets extracted only. So I have had to delete pockets from my plugins.
    I'm away now until tomorrow 10 am Thai time 4 am euro time. I'll be trying again tomorrow.

• Options
    edited December 2014

I had one last go tonight: I uploaded and run Utility Links no errors - then run
    /index.php?p=/utility/update. After this I extracted pockets and it works now. Let's hope I can go on from here. Thanks everyone who knows about coding helping me. mostly I cure things by luck not knowledge.

• Options
    edited December 2014

Why are the plugins different ver on there?

Github is the heart of the development community. It offers developers easy ways to fork and fix coding in software. That is where all the meat is processed and shared.

You don't download , you clone or fork to your computer. Make an account at github and then you can participate and get ahold of the authors of the plugins that don't work because that is where they update all their stuff and you can view the history of the changes they made...in theory

You can compare files to see what they changed etc. It is very cool..

• Options
    peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited December 2014

@Denis. Why are the plugins different ver on there?

Frankly I don't see a compelling reason, if the plugin is broken here.... http://vanillaforums.org/addons

and the plugin exists on github and works (or potentially works)..

it should be moved to

http://vanillaforums.org/addons

it doesn't make sense to me, if the plugin is broken in http://vanillaforums.org/addons
    it makes no sense not to update it.

I guess the only worry is, if the plugin on github is not fully tested it might be broken.

-But at the same time there is a better chance overall,

• if the plugin in the add-ons section of this forum is broken
    • the plugin from github (if moved to the add-ons section of the forum) might have a better chance of working.
    • and it would save numerous users like you from foundering and or floundering.

• Options
    edited December 2014

vrijvlinder & peregrine you both make good points and you are both developers. I'm a user only with limited skill in coding. But I thought the Addons were there for people to use and give feedback. If the a plugin has the "Vanilla 2 Approved" label to me it means that it has gone through the development stage and has been tested by many members but as we all know there are circumstances where it may throw an error. As for GitHub I registered Feb 9, 2013 but for the likes of me it's ok to look at most. As for the viewing a plugin like this with no ver number > " addons/plugins/Pockets/" , the last update to this plugin was 5 months ago, so I presumed the latest Ver was put on " Vanillaforum Addons ". In my own opinion I think a free with donations list & a buy only addon list for all applications would be helpful. I would also like to see a wish list with a voting counter, this way developers like yourselves can see what the users want as well as your own ideas. Thanks for all your work, I will now try and go forward again today, hopefully!

• Options
    edited December 2014

I'm a user only with limited skill in coding.

My skills are not much better than yours but I maybe I am more diligent about following instructions more carefully ...

so I presumed the latest Ver was put on " Vanillaforum Addons

You are not alone in assuming that. :'(

Looking at the date since update will give a clue most of the time. The second clue is that they won't work or cause issues.

The Vanilla staff is trying to get this all updated and we are helping out as devs or users in testing.

I am sure you will do just fine.