Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

porter smf2 to vanilla(2.1.6)... import blank white page, apache log file shows

The export from smf2 forum went fine, but importing fails with no error message... apache log file.. [Wed Dec 31 12:06:02.738390 2014] [:error] [pid 20653] [client :28809] PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function gzopen() in /var/sentora/hostdata//public_html/vanilla/applications/dashboard/models/class.importmodel.php on line 572, referer: http:///vanilla/dashboard/import

Comments

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited December 2014

you probably don't have gzip compiled in with php.

i think you can just unzip the file you have manually.

but it may be a moot point, since you can't find a non-ugly theme, and we would be wasting our time helping you since you already decided to switch to different forum software.

http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/comment/222658/#Comment_222658

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• well i didn't try unzip it, because porter just exported out a plain .txt file from smf2 .... its not small, so I dunno why it wasn't compressed.. you are right I can't find a non-ugly theme, still in the interest of testing out the software I was importing my other forum. Seems like a bug to fix if its not exporting a compressed file though.

• "export__smf_2014-12-31_115920.txt" in the /uploads folder it shows in the importer fine just doesn't import

• are you using ubuntu. or php 5.3

you could try changing gzopen to gzopen64

vanilla/applications/dashboard/models/class.importmodel.php on line 572

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

@Xeonz said:
    "export__smf_2014-12-31_115920.txt" in the /uploads folder it shows in the importer fine just doesn't import

Do you get the same error or something different?

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• you could try changing gzopen to gzopen64

vanilla/applications/dashboard/models/class.importmodel.php on line 572

that worked

• File an issue on git hub.

grep is your friend.

• A better solution is to put in function.compatibility.php

if(!function_exists('gzopen') && function_exists('gzopen64')){
        function gzopen($filename, $mode, $use_include_path = 0){
            return gzopen64($filename, $mode, $use_include_path);
        }
    }

But this will need to be reported to get in the core.

grep is your friend.

• grep is your friend.

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited January 2015

I filed a pull request previously on the same day the issue was found, since I figured the op wouldn't,
    https://github.com/vanilla/vanilla/pull/2374 to at least allow option of gzopen64 ...

It was not your code you can also file it. I also linked to this discussion, so @linc can change to what he desires obviously.

• A better solution is to put in function.compatibility.php

if(!function_exists('gzopen') && function_exists('gzopen64')){
            function gzopen($filename, $mode, $use_include_path = 0){
                return gzopen64($filename, $mode, $use_include_path);
            }
        }

therefore any time the gzopen is called regardless of where it is it will be defined.

grep is your friend.