HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Auto Close discussion. Adding a selectable option to close discussion after alloted time runs out.

peregrineperegrine MVP
edited December 2014 in General Banter

Selectable option for discussion where original poster or just mods and admins, can set a timer on an individual discussion

e.g. 6 hours, 1 day 5 days , etc.

when time runs out no one will be able to add comments to discussion.

anyone interesting in sponsoring or pledging for plugin that does the above. Contact me via pm, if you are interested.

might be handy for bidding on something, etc.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

Comments

• I thought this was already available, but it appears that I was incorrect.
    As it's one of the main features I was looking for when choosing new forum software, I'm interested to find out what sort of $$ we're talking about.
    Message coming soon.

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited January 2015

@Metric said:
    I thought this was already available, but it appears that I was incorrect.
    As it's one of the main features I was looking for when choosing new forum software, I'm interested to find out what sort of $$ we're talking about.
    Message coming soon.

you can just pledge an amount that you are willing to offer to me and will honor and will not back out on, when plugin is uploaded.

I don't give quotes, you get a better deal :) you make the $$ quote.

unless of course there is a developer non-kosher end-run and another developer grabs the idea and the sponsors, writes the plugin and grabs the pledges.

personally, I don't do end-runs on other developers trying to make a buck.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

This feature is in the core as archiving, no?

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited January 2015

@hgtonight said:
    This feature is in the core as archiving, no?

hmm, never used archiving. my thought was individual discussion closed based in individual date.

e.g. one discussion could auto close after 1 week, another discussion could auto-close in one day.
    depending on moderator, admin, and or other role (that selects option to close after a time period on the individual discussion).

another discussion could be set to auto close in three days.

is that feature in archiving?

In any event Metric didn't seem interested in the feature (otherwise he would have pledged a $$ amount)

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

Archiving is a system wide date that effectively closes all discussions before that date.

That is a little different than what you are suggesting.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Has anyone ever accused you of being impatient Peregrine? :smile:
    I was trying to figure this pledging business out having already made myself look foolish by not adequately understanding YAGA's capabilities before posting.

I thought I was committing to fund the entire development of the plugin and struggling to see how I can adequately reimburse you for your time, unless you code extremely quickly. It looks more like you're looking for several people to chip in and fund the initial development?

A more focussed form of Archiving is what I'm after. Ideally restricted to all new posts in a nominated category, but post by post would work too.