HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Some JS inspiration

I just read that article and there might be some interesting plugin ideas coming from out of that lecture: http://ponyfoo.com/articles/cross-tab-communication

Comments

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

This is a really cool idea!

Perhaps it could be integrated into the framework. I immediately thought about hooking into the NotificationsController_BeforeInformNotifications event and adding some data there.

Problem with that is there is no native way to parse the data (that I know of) via a callback within the gdn.inform() function. This would require modifying the global.js file to fire a JS event.

Might be a good idea to think about a cleaner implementation, but if the framework is already pinging, why not piggy back onto it?

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

I also thought about notifications first, but I bet there is a cooler use case for that. Simply not sure which... ;)

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

@R_J said:
    I also thought about notifications first, but I bet there is a cooler use case for that. Simply not sure which... ;)

You could show a notification saying "You have been logged out from another tab, want to log back in? Yes No". Where Yes pops up the login form and doesn't redirect, and No refreshes the page.

I agree that a login/logout notification isn't that cool, but you could also use it to synchronize drafts. hmmm

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.