HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Responsive Vanilla Forums Theme

RaizeRaize vancouver ✭✭

Hey guys, I'm always on the lookout for nice, clean Vanilla themes that are responsively designed. The latest one I found is this one called Nexus, which has been released on Themeforest by it's author. Here is some information about the theme:

Nexus is a color-intense responsive theme for Vanilla forums featuring beautiful CSS animations and an inspiring flat design.

>

Key features:

Fully responsive.

Available in five vibrant color schemes, whatever fits your community best.

Powered by Font Awesome for easy icon customization.

Flat, crisp, modern design accentuated by subtle CSS animations.

Compatible with the latest version of Vanilla forums 2.1.

Check it out here: http://themeforest.net/item/nexus-premium-vanilla-2-theme/8182116?WT.ac=portfolio_thumb&WT.z_author=jspautsch

DEMO: http://secondwindprojects.com/nexus/discussion/7/welcome-to-nexus

Comments

• peregrineperegrine MVP
    edited July 2014

awesome.

I may not provide the completed solution you might desire, but I do try to provide honest suggestions to help you solve your issue.

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

Spam?

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• @hgtonight said:
    Spam?

I think Raise has been around for a long time, and runs a student forum I believe. I don't think he has an association with jspautsch

Quite frankly if this is spam I'm all for it.

This sort of commerce is good for vanilla, it shoudl be encouraged.

grep is your friend.

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP
    edited July 2014

I should try this for my themes, they are premium themes for free !!
    Lifetime warranty if you don't mess with the code.

• @hgtonight said:
    Spam?

ThemeForest has an affiliate program which earns people money from promoting their stuff.

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

I could have sworn I looked at the account and saw it was created yesterday. The previous statement is false.

Thanks for the heads up @Raize‌

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• jspautschjspautsch Themester ✭✭✭

Aw thanks. :) Had to do a double take though, since I had already posted here announcing the theme, lol.

Just as a heads up, I'm pushing through an update here soon with some responsive improvements. Be sure to let me know if you spot any bugs or areas in need of improvement.

Also, if you like this theme, you guys are going to love the updated Silicon theme. :) it's one of the most thorough redesigns I've done and looks gorgeous on mobile.

• edited January 2015

@jspautsch @vrijvlinder Question, I'm looking to hide the sidebar permanently. Just like its hidden in its responsive state wit hthe toggle button. Could anyone guide me in the right direction ?

• subdreamersubdreamer San Jose, CA
    edited January 2015

I am using Nexus on my site. Check it out http://masseffect.vg! I am using the "Nexus Snow" color scheme although I personally prefer the "Nexus Slate" one. I have purchased all @jspautsch themes just to support him although I am using Nexus at this time. I wish more people made themes like his. :)

• edited January 2015

@subdreamer said:
    I am using Nexus on my site. Check it out http://masseffect.vg! I am using the "Nexus Snow" color scheme although I personally prefer the "Nexus Slate" one. I have purchased all jspautsch themes just to support him although I am using Nexus at this time. I wish more people made themes like his. :)

I was wondering, How did you add the contact form ? is it a plugin ?

Nice site btw.

• subdreamersubdreamer San Jose, CA
    edited January 2015

@neerlandsgezelschap said:
    Nice site btw.

Thanks, buddy! And yes, I am using the Contact form plugin by @VrijVlinder. :)

• jspautschjspautsch Themester ✭✭✭

@neerlandsgezelschap said:
    jspautsch vrijvlinder Question, I'm looking to hide the sidebar permanently. Just like its hidden in its responsive state wit hthe toggle button. Could anyone guide me in the right direction ?

If you look at nexus/design/custom.css, scroll down until you find this line:

@media (max-width: 991px) {

Then keep scrolling until you find its closing bracket: }

Delete both lines, and the sidebar will be hidden. :) You're basically adopting the tablet view as the default.