Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

CSS Snippet to show 'New!' in categories list (NOT unread count)

AaronWebsteyAaronWebstey Headband AfficionadoCole Harbour, NS ✭✭✭
edited January 2015 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Is background colour not enough of an indicator for you? I use this in my theme's custom.css to show a 'New!' notifier, similar to the yellow 'X new' one on the Recent Discussions page.

.CategoryList .Unread::after {
  content: "New!";
  position: absolute;
  top: 13px;
  right: 30px;
  -moz-border-radius: 2px;
  -webkit-border-radius: 2px;
  background: #FF0;
  color: #000;
  font-size: 9px;
  font-weight: bold;
  padding: 3px;
  line-height: 1;
  white-space: nowrap;
}

Comments

• Options
    subdreamersubdreamer San Jose, CA

I haven't try it but it should work fine. Thanks for sharing that with us! :blush:

• Options
    AaronWebsteyAaronWebstey Headband Afficionado Cole Harbour, NS ✭✭✭

Thanks! I just realized I forgot to wrap the code in a code tag :( Is there a moderator who can fix this for me?

• Options

@hgtonight‌ I see that you're a moderator; can you fix my post? Sorry :S Is there a way to call for help from any moderator?

• Options
    hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

I fixed the formatting for you.

Btw, you get editing privileges after you level up enough.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Options

I better start being more awesome!! You gonna update this forum with the new ranks/badges page? :)

• Options

And thank you!

• Options
    hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

@AaronWebstey said:
    I better start being more awesome!! You gonna update this forum with the new ranks/badges page? :)

I don't administer this site, just a volunteer moderator. :)

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.