HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

bizlinks. Has anyone got it working on 2.1 *.*

DenisSDenisS My brain hurts Buriram ✭✭

I paid for this plugin for 2.0.18.8, I found it a good simple plugin to use. But after up-grading to 2.1.7 it will not work I tried to see why and done a few code changes but can't get it to work just returns a blank page. I have emailed the the developer without answer. So stuck with a plugin which is of no use on 2.1.7 without an alternative, any suggestions?

Answers

• Options

This plugin is not listed in under the official addons repository.

Not sure what kind of answer you are expecting. Either pay the developer / or someone else to update or redevelop it.

grep is your friend.

• Options

Quote: " I paid for this plugin" I have emailed the the developer without answer"
    I was asking if anyone else has this plugin,
    if so have they got it working?

• Options
    hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

Unfortunately, I don't have the plugin so I am unable to help.

Do you know what license you have for the plugin?

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Options

I can't find a Licence Statement I have looked at about 10 main PHP files.
    >
    'Name' => 'BizLink',
    'Description' => 'A simple Business Directory for Vanilla Plugin',
    'Version' => '1.0',
    'Author' => "Adrian Lee",
    >
    I think I will abandon this plugin it was nice and simple to use and worked! Maybe a takeover protect for someone with the ability, if he has abandon it, I have sent you more details to PM.

I think I will use this more complex Biz Directory but to use it I will have set up a Joomla platform, so i have more testing ahead of me.

https://www.sigsiu.net/download/sobipro/52-SobiPro-Full

• Options

If you can describe what it did, perhaps I can develop it from scratch for you for a fee.

If you can get a clear indication on the license you have, I am happy to work with it.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Options
    R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

Here is the homepage of the developer where you can see it in action: http://pinoyau.info/plugin/BizLink/DirList/

• Options

Remember the good old days of dmoz.org?

• Options

@R_J said:
    Here is the homepage of the developer where you can see it in action: http://pinoyau.info/plugin/BizLink/DirList/

I feel like I am back in 2002.

So it is like a business directory that is shown site wide?

Search first

• Options

I don't know, but I think it is a link list that you can simply use for whatever you like. The most challenging part in my opinion would be to build a user interface for managing a lot of link-categories. For the links you would only need a simple table id|Name|description|url|category
    Although adding a possibility to rate links would be nice

• Options
    BleistivtBleistivt Moderator
    edited January 2015

@DennisS or just try to debug it yourself, if it worked with 2.1.6 it's probably a minor incompatibility. You know how to turn on debug mode.

Edit: Just realized you updated directly from 2.0.18. That might be more difficult...

• Options
    vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

Without looking at the plugin itself one can't know what you did or not.

Have you tried reading this and applying it to the plugins that don't work ?????

http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/25534/how-to-modify-an-old-plugin-for-2-1

• Options

I'm away for a day I'll get back to you on this, ok

• Options

This is what i use it for to list " farang bars" = expats drinkings holes. But can be used as a full Business Directory.
    http://www.isaan-expatsforum.services-thai.com/plugin/BizLink/DirList

• Options

@Bleistivt said:
    DennisS or just try to debug it yourself, if it worked with 2.1.6 it's probably a minor incompatibility. You know how to turn on debug mode.

Edit: Just realized you updated directly from 2.0.18. That might be more difficult...

Yes on 2.1.7 i have a link back to 2.0.18, but i want to delete all the old stuff and just work with 2.1.7 / 8,9