Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Flag Sprite missing in 2.1b1?

2»

Comments

• Options
    hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator
    edited January 2015

@AaronWebstey said:
    Yes it is! I've used it to fix my 'Unanswered' sprite and create a 'Best Of...' sprite ( hgtonight‌ ) :)

Sup? I thought my Yaga links were compatible with the Sprites plugin already?

EDIT - Egads! It isn't!

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Options
    AaronWebsteyAaronWebstey Headband Afficionado Cole Harbour, NS ✭✭✭

Oh, really? Maybe it's something dumb I did then. I didn't have a sprite showing up in the panel menu and noticed that there was no 'SpBestOf' class in sprites.css (and couldn't find anything in the yaga css either). The class was already properly added to the item in the panel though, so adding the sprite through CSS was easy. I just took a guess as to which sprite to use.

• Options

@AaronWebstey‌ Mind sharing your rules so I don't have to rewrite them?

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Options

Well that would have been the polite thing to do, wouldn't it?

My solution was probably hackish, as I edited plugins/Sprites/sprites.css. But I guess what you're probably most interested in is the background position anyway.

I added one line here in sprites.css (and added a comma after .SpComments):

.SpComments,
    .SpUnreadDiscussions

I guess if you wanted to add CSS to the yaga style files, you copy the CSS from sprites.css like this:

.SpUnreadDiscussions {
       display: inline-block;
       min-height: 14px;
       min-width: 14px;
       background: url('https://images.v-cdn.net/sprites-14-000.png') 0 0 no-repeat transparent;
       background-position: 14px 14px;
       vertical-align: top;
       margin: 4px 0 0 0;
    }

But I'm not sure what best practice is here, since a change in sprites.css could end up making the yaga sprite look different from the others.

Either way, you can then the following line to either sprites.css or your YAGA css:

.SpUnreadDiscussions { background-position: -318px -55px; }

• Options
    edited January 2015

I was looking for:

.SpBestOf {
      background-position: -246px -5px;
    }

Thanks for the heads up!

Fixed in Yaga at: https://github.com/hgtonight/Application-Yaga/commit/a6a2ef02debf4f53c86d2ca272838240e8770bde

Search first

• Options
    AnonymooseAnonymoose ✭✭
    edited January 2015

Any reason some but not all of the sprites for Vanilla get loaded up from the cdn.vanillaforums.com rather than locally?

• Options

@Anonymoose said:
    Any reason some but not all of the sprites for Vanilla get loaded up from the cdn.vanillaforums.com rather than locally?

The Sprites plugin loads from the cdn, the base sprites that come with the install are loaded up locally.

I am guessing it has to do with when the two things were made. This is just speculation.

Search first

• Options

BTW @hgtonight‌ , I over-explained a bit for the benefit of other readers - I figured I probably could have just written "-246 -5" and you would have known what I was talking about :)

• Options

@AaronWebstey said:
    BTW hgtonight‌ , I over-explained a bit for the benefit of other readers - I figured I probably could have just written "-246 -5" and you would have known what I was talking about :)

I have no problem with verbose answers as I am pretty windy myself. You hadn't given me the offsets though. :(

Hence my back post. :)

Search first

• Options

Ha - I gave you the wrong classes! Sorry about that! I was working on that one today too :)

• Options
    vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

TBH, _ don't quite give a sht about sprites... but great that you shared for those who do.. :D