HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Is Profile Extender still a functioning plugin?

Is "Profile Extender" still a "live" plugin? I'm having trouble with it keeping the data that's entered into it. A user updates their profile and saves the updates. They then go back into their profile and the updates are not there.

Comments

• agcyphersagcyphers Nooooop.

I have the same problem, but it's only with loading the data in to the form. If I view the user's profile I can see the data that they entered and saved.

• edited January 2015

Hello,

Get 3.0.1 from the master branch in github.
    If you want the data to be in the fields you create under a users profile see this discussion: http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/27874/profile-extender-fields-blank-when-editing-profile
    and then change line 229 in class.profileextender.plugin.php as noted in this comment: http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/comment/215151/#Comment_215151

hth

• LincLinc Detroit Admin

If anyone wants to tackle filing this as a 2.1 bug & pull request, I'd be super happy.

• For the benefit of a newbie, could you explain a little more about the bug & pull request?

• LincLinc Detroit Admin

@Apache8075‌ We file issues on our Github tracker with technical descriptions of the problem (and sometimes the resolution, too). A pull request is when you make a change to the code and then request that change be incorporated. That's how the sausage gets made around here. :)

• Well I can provide a functional description of the problem but I'm not sure if that is the technical description you need. Let me know what I can do to help get this fixed.

• SicnusSicnus New
    edited January 2015

I sent this email to the Plugin Author and thought it might make sense to post it to this thread. I hope it's not out of line.

--

I was wondering what it would take to get you to add a feature to the Profile Extender plugin to do the following:

Setting

• [ x ] Add Profile Answers to "Reason for Joining" field.
    • [ x ] Hide Profile Extender questions from Profiles

RJ whipped up this awesome plugin:

http://vanillaforums.org/addon/applicantaccepter-plugin

This allows us to see who accepted the applicant.

We are almost there in our desire for our community to fully switch over to Vanilla Forums, and having the ability to have those Profile Answers or data spit out to the "Reason for Joining" field is key.

--

Times like these I wish I knew how to code.

• LincLinc Detroit Admin

Profile Extender is another plugin (along with Spoilers & Reactions) we plan to refactor as a core feature and extend its functionality. Unfortunately I can't commit to a timeframe for that, but it's definitely on our radar.

• @Linc said:
    Profile Extender is another plugin (along with Spoilers & Reactions) we plan to refactor as a core feature and extend its functionality. Unfortunately I can't commit to a timeframe for that, but it's definitely on our radar.

Good enough for me man. Thanks.

• Thanks for the follow through. I appreciate the help.