Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Disable mobile version?

edited July 2011 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8
Hello all,

I know this may be an odd request but can you disable the mobile version? I have a vanilla forum embedded on my website and would prefer if the theme I had is used rather than switching to a mobile version.

I even deleted the mobile version from my themes folder but somehow it still changes themes even though I only have the one theme I want!

Any help = ) Thanks!
Tagged:

Answers

• lucluc ✭✭
    Change this in config.php to the theme you would like to use.
    $Configuration['Garden']['MobileTheme'] = 'your_theme'

On 2.0.18, you will also have a link to the full site available at the bottom. (you can check it on vf.org).

As for being it embed, no idea what that will do to it all :).
  • thanks @luc, it worked for me :)
    I've disabled the mobile version until receiving any stable version...
  • How do I disable the mobile version on 2.1.8? I'm using the "bittersweet" theme, so I added this ...
    $Configuration['Garden']['MobileTheme'] = 'bittersweet' ... to the config.php file. No dice. Any help? Thanks!

• @adrial79 Check if the value is not getting overriden at a later time in your config.php. If config values already exist, replace them.

• Well go figure. I tried it again and it worked! :) Thank you!

• I am also planning of removing mobile friendly theme and use responsive theme instead but about 40% of my organic visitors comes from mobile. Anyone experience drop in mobile traffic after changing your theme? thanks in advance.

• I had the same question, but I'm using Bootstrap theme and it wasn't loading by default on mobile. I couldn't find that line you mentioned ($Configuration['Garden']['MobileTheme']), but after adding it, worked fine.

Keep up!