Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Announcements and Recent Discussions

Is there a way to sticky a post to the top of a category such that it still appears in the "Recent Discussions" when new comments are added to it?

It would seem that if I "Announce in Category" the post does not bubble up to the top in "Recent Discussions" when a new comment is added to the announcement and if I "Announce in Category and Recent Discussions" then it is stuck to the top of the recent discussions. I would like it to be stuck to the top of the category and appear in the recent discussion list when a comment is added. Perhaps the current behavior is a bug?

Comments

• Options

I would like it to be stuck to the top of the category and appear in the recent discussion list when a comment is added.

That is what happens when you Announce in Category. Threads announced in Category and Recent Discussions have priority over these though.

• Options

I have actually been looking for something that will "Sticky" a post inside a category but have it NOT show up on the discussions page.

This way I could have 3 or 4 posts inside a category that were sticky, but they wouldn't show up on my front discussions page.

If we have 1-2 "Sticky" (or Announce) posts per category that can get overwhelming after a while on the front Discussion page.

• Options
    hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

@Sicnus said:
    I have actually been looking for something that will "Sticky" a post inside a category but have it NOT show up on the discussions page.

This way I could have 3 or 4 posts inside a category that were sticky, but they wouldn't show up on my front discussions page.

If we have 1-2 "Sticky" (or Announce) posts per category that can get overwhelming after a while on the front Discussion page.

That is core functionality. Or is that would you were saying?

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Options

You know what man... I think I herped when I should have derped. A friend showed me that this feature is already there. I apologize.

Thanks again hgtonight!

• Options

That is not the behavior I am seeing. When I announce in a category, the post does not end up in the Recent Discussions when a new comment is added to that Category announcement. If I announce in the Category and Recent Discussions, it never leaves the Recent Discussions. I don't understand why Recent Discussions would not include recent comments on a Category level announcements.

• Options

Same on Vanilla 2.2

"Sticky" posts in category, shows in the top, but not in recent discussions.

How to avoid this?