Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Chrome extension for Vanilla notifications

2»

Comments

• Options
    AaronWebsteyAaronWebstey Headband Afficionado Cole Harbour, NS ✭✭✭

@hgtonight said:
    You know, I was over-thinking this now that I looked at your code.

The data you are looking for already exists on the profile controller, btw. Change your request to "http://forum.yoursite.com/profile.json".

@hgtonight , I thought you might be able to help me here. I'm thinking of testing out an 'unread discussions' version of my notifier (I know, at my own peril - and I still have yet to take on the 'move unread functionality into an addon' issue :S ), and I was hoping I'd be able to use profile.json to do it. However, no matter how many unread discussions I have, the JSON contains "CountUnreadDiscussions":null. I know I can use CountUnreadDiscussions elsewhere, as I have modified my panel as seen in the attached image.

Any advice?

• Options
    hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

/discussions.json/unread Should have what you need.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Options

@hgtonight is there anything you don't know?

• Options

@AaronWebstey said:
    hgtonight is there anything you don't know?

The only thing I know is how to search the source code.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Options

Burn. I actually did search it and didn't come up with that :(
    Thanks again.

• Options
    whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... MVP

@hgtonight

In your modesty, I think you missed out the - 'because I know what I am looking for' in your reply.

You are an absolute boon to the community, and I am sure we are all very grateful for your constant support and encouragement.

• Options

@AaronWebstey said:
    Burn. I actually did search it and didn't come up with that :(
    Thanks again.

Wasn't meant to be burn.

@whu606 said:
    hgtonight

In your modesty, I think you missed out the - 'because I know what I am looking for' in your reply.

Fair enough.

I really like learning, and questions like this let me learn something new. :)

Search first

• Options

@hgtonight yeah, I was (mostly) joking :)