Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Addon to put some text, and apply a tag

edited February 2015 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Hi,

I'm new here but have been reading about Addons. Is it possible to create an Addon that

1. Puts some custom text at the top of the "New Post" page - but only on certain category or categories
  2. Automatically wraps the first post in a discussion thread (but only the first post!) in an HTML tag (specifically, wrapping the whole thing in <pre> tag).

The reason is, for my application I want each first post in each discussion to be entirely pre-formatted code, and then each subsequent comment to be just a plain comment.

Any pointers are greatly appreciated!

Thanks for help! Awesome forum software.
David

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    LincLinc Detroit Admin
    edited February 2015

Hi David,

1. You can probably do this with Messages in the Dashboard. You can target the New Discussion page. That said, the New Discussion page is a generic form used by all categories, and it lets you switch the category you are targettng, so I'm not sure how to address that part of the requirement.

2. I think you can probably target the existing CSS classes that wrap the first post to apply equivalent styling as a pre tag. Remember - no HTML tag "looks like" anything at all. It's all styling anyway. :)