Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Rate discussion thread from 1-5 stars

Hi,

User A posts a new post. User B, C, D, ... reply. Is there a way for users B, C, D to rank the discussion thread from 1-5 stars, and have that ranking show up in the browse or search hits?

(But, they can only rank it once in total, not once each time they reply.)

I thought there might be an addon but failed to find one. I have some coding experience and could potentially write one if none exists, if you can point me in the right direction.

Thanks,
David

Tagged:

Comments

• LincLinc Detroit Admin
    edited February 2015

No such functionality exists. In my experience, this type of feature isn't very useful. I'd recommend something like YAGA instead. Upvotes are a much better mechanism; everyone rates things as 1 or 5 stars anyway.

Our plugin writing quickstart guide is here: http://docs.vanillaforums.com/developers/plugins/quickstart/

• Thanks Linc, I see now that upvote/downvote is preferable. YAGA was a good suggestion. I ended up going with "Voting" addon as it is simpler though.