Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Embedding images by pasting the image directly into the edit box.

Hi,

I apologize if this has already been discussed. I searched, but must have missed it.

Is there a way of embedding images to discussion posts by simply copying the image, and then pasting it directly into the edit window? I would especially like it if it allowed formatting as well, for instance, when you write an email on gmail, you don't have to add the image as an attachment, you can just copy it, and paste it into the compose email window, and it adds the picture to the message where ever you pasted it into the email body.

I often post to discussions on my forum from work, and my company blocks imgur, imageshack, etc.

I've looked through the plugins section, but don't see anything that seems to match this.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

Nothing does this that I know of.

You would have to have an intimate knowledge of how the clipboard functions to do that.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP
    edited March 2015

You can simply drag the image from the browser into cleditor editor and it will show. It may help to use the plugin Mediator.

If the images you want to drag into the editor are not hotlink protected it will work. If they are hotlink protected you will get a broken image icon. Even if the link to the image is good.

I tested this on my own forum.

If what you want is a drop zone type uploader, it will be in the next editor with the next vanilla version... until then you have the uploading and the paste from browser options.

I dragged these from the browser directly into the editor .

• @vrijvlinder said:
    You can simply drag the image from the browser into cleditor editor and it will show. It may help to use the plugin Mediator.

If the images you want to drag into the editor are not hotlink protected it will work. If they are hotlink protected you will get a broken image icon. Even if the link to the image is good.

I tested this on my own forum.

If what you want is a drop zone type uploader, it will be in the next editor with the next vanilla version... until then you have the uploading and the paste from browser options.

Thanks for your reply, vrijvlinder.

This will work for now, and I look forward to the next release :)

• @vrijvlinder said:

I dragged these from the browser directly into the editor .

When I do that the image appears while editing the text, but when you put the image not appear on the posting.
    Inform anyone know why?

Did you drag them from your desktop or from another browser window ? This only works is pasted from another browser window using cleditor. The way it works is it registers the image link. To see this, drag an image from another browser window and paste it in the rich text side of cleditor. Then look at the html side and you should see an image link.

If the image is hotlink protected it will not work. This has only been tested by me with cleditor.