Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

No refresh on sign in

When users log in to my forum, they have to manually refresh the page from the browser before they are shown as signed in. What could be causing that?

Comments

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

Welcome to the community!

Do you have any JS errors in your web console?

Do you operate on two different domains? (e.g. www.yoursite.com and yoursite.com)

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Thanks for the reply, hgtonight. I'm a mac/windows/ios developer just learning linux, so I'm pretty ignorant. I work for a very small company with no linux folks, not much money, and the need for a local server. So I volunteered.

We have one domain. It begins with something other than www. I have never looked at a web log, but I will do that and get back to you.

• I don't see any JS errors. However, there is something else weird happening that might help someone recognize what's going on.

I'm trying to connect to Vanilla via a designated port. That is working fine for other applications, like Perforce. However, with Vanilla, when I try to sign out of my account, I get an error message that the server has dropped the connection, and when I look at the current html in the browser's address field, the port number has been duplicated:

dog.pony.com:1000:1000/vanilla/index.php?p=/

• R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

A custom port is sometimes doubled. That's a known bug which will be solved at least in the next version. I do not know if there will be a fix for 2.1

See here for the solution: https://github.com/vanilla/vanilla/pull/2170