Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Announcement displaying in recent discussions even though only category selected

Hi, I have set a discussion to announce "In the category" only, but it still appears as an announcement on the "recent discussions" page. Seems like there is no difference between the two settings.

Anybody having the same issue? i'm using Vanilla 2.1.9 btw.

Comments

• Options
    hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

Welcome to the community!

I want to thank you for posting your Vanilla version in the OP. :)

Announcing solely in the category doesn't hide the discussion from the recent discussions page. It just isn't stickied to the front page.

That is, other discussions should push it down as they are created or commented on.

The announcement badge will still be shown.

Does this make sense?

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Options

Ah right, ok, I was expecting the announcement badge to be hidden! Do you know of any way to acheive this?

• Options

It's ok i've done it..

.Discussions.index .Announcement.Announcement-Category .Tag-Announcement { display: none; }

Thanks!