Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

All aligned to left and menu broke please help

idealmikeidealmike New
edited April 2015 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Hello installed but its all aligned to the left for some reason.
Also whats the best homepage layout for it?

Thanks!

Comments

• A nice theme would like to get it looking right. Has anyone else experienced this or know why it happens how to fix.
    I'm using V 2.1.9.
    Thanks!

• Anyone ??

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

It doesn't look like this theme has been updated to support 2.1 yet.

You will either have to do it yourself or wait for @phreak to do it.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin
  • idealmikeidealmike New
    edited April 2015

Oh right. Thanks R_J tried it by adding that to the custom.css but it didn't make any difference at all.

I tried removing all the code in custom.css and hard refreshed my site and still no changes were made.
    That's weird. Surely with no CSS the site would look even more broke?

Insert the content of /themes/2011Compatibility/design/custom.css at the beginning of Fruits custom.css

• There is a readme file included and this is what it says even though it doesn't make sense!!

_> 1. Copy this "default" theme folder and rename it to your new theme name.

1. Open the "about.php" file and edit the information to reflect your theme. Be
      sure to change the array key like this: $ThemeInfo['YourThemeNameHere'].
    2. Create a "design" subfolder and copy /applications/dashboard/design/style.css
      and /applications/vanilla/design/vanilla.css into it.
    3. Any background images you want to continue using (like the star png images
      for bookmarking) should be copied along with their respective stylesheets.
    4. Go to your Dashboard, Themes, and apply your new theme.
    5. Edit the copied CSS files to look however you wish!_

For starters step 1. Copy this default theme folder? What default theme folder?? Why copy it and rename it? Ive just uploaded it to my themes folder. Why should there be anything else to do other than that!?

Secondly, there is no such file vanilla.css in applications/vanilla/design. No design directory exists in public_html/mysite.com/applications/vanilla

• @R_J said:
    Insert the content of /themes/2011Compatibility/design/custom.css at the beginning of Fruits custom.css

Okay done that, but that has just made the site look even worse!

Try to redo all steps. I simply downloaded Fruits, added the compatibility layer and it looks quite well.

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP
    edited April 2015

That won't help at all I am afraid... I redid this theme for someone else so it could work but it is not as simple as that.

You need to remove files that are incompatible ...

Try using this version that fixed for someone else. you will need to add your own images etc but the main thing is that it works.. delete the old one you have entirely...

Oh and if @phreak wants to use my fixes to update his theme, I am ok with that...

• Also when I make changes to the /themes/Fruit/design/custom.css file nothing is changed on the site.

• phreakphreak Vanilla*APP (White Label) & Vanilla*Skins Shop MVP

Yeyo, will update it the coming days. phreak is on vacation. phreakVacationBot ;)

• VanillaAPP | iOS & Android App for Vanilla - White label app for Vanilla Forums OS
    • VanillaSkins | Plugins, Themes, Graphics and Custom Development for Vanilla

That is what you said months ago when I fixed this for the second time... I think I will release my version and call it Vegemite .....

• I did post something else but waiting for it to be approved. But yeh, got it working but not looking quite the same as the demo. Will check back in few days then. Regards.

• Right, your 3 days are up! Is the update available @ phreak ?

• Well I believe in giving everyone chances. :chuffed: Gotta say though, is there any update on this or is it something that will never get fixed/updated or is there someone I need to speak to to give a nudge in the right direction?

• IS THERE ANY UPDATE!?????????????????

• Why say "will update it the coming days." Dont talk out of your ass rather put your money where your mouth is else people will not respect you!