HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Working on mobile, failing on desktop. Quotes 1.6.10 / Vanilla 2.2.17

This is a very odd thing. I have Quotes 1.6.10 (was the same on 1.6.9 too) running on Vanilla 2.2.17 - hitting the quote button on mobile Safari works as expected, but hitting it on desktop Safari / Chrome fails with this message: {"Code":400,"Exception":"DiscussionController->Discussion not found.","Class":"Exception"}

Both of them are hitting the same URL (ie: /discussion/getquote/Discussion_32&format=Markdown) but returning different results. A diff on the request headers showed no significant difference between the two requests, just a mystery __utmt=1; in the Vanilla cookie for the desktop request.

If you want to see this in action, have a look at https://gasroom.org/discussion/getquote/Comment_3106?format=Markdown on desktop and mobile. Also works if you use mobile emulation in the Chrome dev tools.

Already tried upgrading to a newer version of jquery with backwards compatibility through jquery migrate but this didn't seem to help.

Comments

• Oh, and there's an extra header in the response headers on mobile: X-Content-Type-Options:nosniff

• I'm having the same issue, a lot of official plugins don't seem to work even with the current stable, 2.1.9

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

You got the same issue running 1.6.9?

Do you have that running somewhere?

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• edited April 2015

Yes I've also tried with 1.6.9.

Is there a way to remove "This addon has been reviewed and approved by Vanilla Forums staff." when this stuff doesnt
    t work with the current stable vanilla?

I'll add I pointed this out like 5 months ago and it never really got resolved, http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/28591/not-working-with-2-1-6#latest

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator
    edited April 2015

Assuming you are running 2.1.9, enable the debugging plugin, hit your link and post the stack trace that is now in that JSON response.

It seems I had an issue with another plugin that also ran on the discussion controller. I am guessing it is some weird interplay between another of your addons.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.