HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Is there any way to pull post content through from Vanilla in a sub directory to main html homepage

13»

Comments

• @x00 said:
    If url schemes were all literal every search result, or discussion would need a corresponding physical file.

Yea I get that, stupid comment on my part. =)

I used the url that you specified but I still get the error message so presumably that means I'm either pointing to the wrong place or have put the files in the wrong place yes?

Would it help if I outlined my folder structure for my install or can you see that already?

• @Jonathan W @hgtonight @x00

Just to say also, I really do appreciate the time and support you're giving to a noob like me. I suspect it must be a wee bit frustrating at times :p

• if you click on this link you can see it exists

http://www.virginatlanticvirtual.co.uk/forum//module/latestpostlistmodule

grep is your friend.

• @x00 said:
    if you click on this link you can see it exists

http://www.virginatlanticvirtual.co.uk/forum//module/latestpostlistmodule

Yup I did that already so I'm happy it can be found on that link, the challenge for me now is how to enter the link into the script tha hgtonight provided so it shows up. The issue I have is that I have tried the link you suggest and a number of variations to it and I always get the "Error retrieving post list: error"

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

@ahughes3 said:
    Yup I did that already so I'm happy it can be found on that link, the challenge for me now is how to enter the link into the script tha hgtonight provided so it shows up. The issue I have is that I have tried the link you suggest and a number of variations to it and I always get the "Error retrieving post list: error"

Use http://www.virginatlanticvirtual.co.uk/forum/module/latestpostlistmodule.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• x00x00 MVP
    edited April 2015

Maybe it is not same origin.

grep is your friend.

• @x00 said:
    Maybe it is not same origin.

That's what I am wondering. Although I think it is the same origin, maybe I am wrong. I will post a couple of images showing the location of the files, then maybe that will help identify what's wrong. Firstly I will try and explain how the files are set up.

This is the path to the ajax.js file
    http://www.virginatlanticvirtual.co.uk/lib/skins/margo-full-width/js/ajax.js

This is the path to the LatestPostsList (as you already know)
    http://www.virginatlanticvirtual.co.uk/forum/plugins/LatestPostList/modules

This is the path to the page where I have the html for the posts to be sent to
    http://www.virginatlanticvirtual.co.uk/lib/skins/margo-full-width/layout.php

Below is the main folder structure on the server

• admin
    • core
    • forum
    • lib

Does that help at all? I know it's me doing something dumb, just too dumb to work out what it is :p

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

That should satisfy same origin policy.

What error are you receiving?

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• x00x00 MVP
    edited April 2015

You have php errors hence the page is not loading fully.

Around

<!-- Margo JS  -->
    <script type="text/javascript" src="

I suspect it is erroring out on whatever php determines the src.

grep is your friend.

• @x00 said:
    You have php errors hence the page is not loading fully.

Around

<!-- Margo JS  -->

I suspect it is erroring out on whatever php determines the src.

I don't see that. If I view page source, I see all the scripts as they should. Where did you get that from?

@hgtonight - I always get the "Error retrieving post list: error"

• R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

@ahughes3 said:
    Does that help at all? I know it's me doing something dumb, just too dumb to work out what it is :p

Look at the script: http://www.virginatlanticvirtual.co.uk/lib/skins/margo-full-width/js/ajax.js

// This will need to be changed to match your forum
       $.get("//localhost/forum/module/latestpostlistmodule")

Do not simply copy and paste, but also read and understand - at least read and follow the instructions...
    // This will need to be changed to match your forum means that the next line must be http://www.virginatlanticvirtual.co.uk/forum/module/latestpostlistmodule in this case.

• x00x00 MVP
    edited April 2015

@ahughes3 said:
    I don't see that. If I view page source, I see all the scripts as they should. Where did you get that from?

http://www.virginatlanticvirtual.co.uk/lib/skins/margo-full-width/layout.php

<!doctype html>
    <!--[if IE 8 ]><html class="ie ie8" lang="en"> <![endif]-->
    <!--[if (gte IE 9)|!(IE)]><html lang="en" class="no-js"> <![endif]-->
    <html lang="en">

<head>

<!-- Basic -->
        <title></title>

<!-- Normalize browser styles -->
        <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="SITE_URL/lib/skins/margo-full-width/css/normalize.css" media="screen">

<!-- PHPVMS Header Code -->

<!-- Define Charset -->
        <meta charset="utf-8">

<!-- Responsive Metatag -->
        <meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1, maximum-scale=1">

<!-- Page Description and Author -->
        <meta name="description" content="Margo - Responsive HTML5 Template">
        <meta name="author" content="iThemesLab">

<!-- Bootstrap CSS  -->
        <link rel="stylesheet" href="SITE_URL/lib/skins/margo-full-width/asset/css/bootstrap.min.css" type="text/css" media="screen">

<!-- Font Awesome CSS -->
        <link rel="stylesheet" href="SITE_URL/lib/skins/margo-full-width/css/font-awesome.min.css" type="text/css" media="screen">

<!-- Margo CSS Styles  -->
        <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="SITE_URL/lib/skins/margo-full-width/css/style.css" media="screen">

<!-- Responsive CSS Styles  -->
        <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="SITE_URL/lib/skins/margo-full-width/css/responsive.css" media="screen">

<!-- Css3 Transitions Styles  -->
        <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="SITE_URL/lib/skins/margo-full-width/css/animate.css" media="screen">

<!-- Color CSS Styles  -->
        <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="SITE_URL/lib/skins/margo-full-width/css/colors/red.css" title="red" media="screen" />
        <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="SITE_URL/lib/skins/margo-full-width/css/colors/jade.css" title="jade" media="screen" />
        <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="SITE_URL/lib/skins/margo-full-width/css/colors/green.css" title="green" media="screen" />
        <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="SITE_URL/lib/skins/margo-full-width/css/colors/blue.css" title="blue" media="screen" />
        <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="SITE_URL/lib/skins/margo-full-width/css/colors/beige.css" title="beige" media="screen" />
        <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="SITE_URL/lib/skins/margo-full-width/css/colors/cyan.css" title="cyan" media="screen" />
        <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="SITE_URL/lib/skins/margo-full-width/css/colors/orange.css" title="orange" media="screen" />
        <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="SITE_URL/lib/skins/margo-full-width/css/colors/peach.css" title="peach" media="screen" />
        <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="SITE_URL/lib/skins/margo-full-width/css/colors/pink.css" title="pink" media="screen" />
        <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="SITE_URL/lib/skins/margo-full-width/css/colors/purple.css" title="purple" media="screen" />
        <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="SITE_URL/lib/skins/margo-full-width/css/colors/sky-blue.css" title="sky-blue" media="screen" />
        <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="SITE_URL/lib/skins/margo-full-width/css/colors/yellow.css" title="yellow" media="screen" />

<!-- Margo JS  -->

It is a fragment, no body invalid links. You may have a cached page.

grep is your friend.

• I think it would help to start simpler. Just start with a basic html page, with only the resources you need. hgtonight has provided an example follow that.

grep is your friend.