Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

All aligned to left and menu broke please help

2»

Comments

• @idealmike have you put you money where you moth is? No.

Btw good luck getting help.

There is nothing more annoying and less worthy for help than someone yapping for more free shit. From my own personal experience. I don't know how phreak feels about it.

grep is your friend.

• Oh shut up man I am only going on what was said... "Yeyo, will update it the coming days.". Why say it if have no intention of doing it? It's not like I'm asking much! The theme was put up for "free" and support request are to be put in. All I am doing is making a support request and giving him a push to do it. There is nothing more annoying when someone says "Okay in few days will update it" then weeks/months pass by and nothing... That is more annoying than someone who actually WANTS to use your theme......

• x00x00 MVP
    edited April 2015

kthanksbye

grep is your friend.

• whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... MVP

'Flaming' deleted.

Can we keep things within the boundaries of polite communication?

• x00x00 MVP
    edited April 2015

edit wrong discussion

grep is your friend.

• vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

@idealmike

Just an FYI , free themes generally do not offer any kind of support by the author. I support all my themes, but others may not. It is up to each individual who donates an addon to offer support or not. Such is the way of Open Source and Gratis....

Free themes are there for you to make them into whatever you want.

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

@idealmike said:
    Why say it if have no intention of doing it? It's not like I'm asking much! The theme was put up for "free" and support request are to be put in.

You don't know if he intended to do it then or not. I assume he did intend at the time.

Virtually all open source software is released without any warranty whatsoever. If you want one, or support on a timeline you specify, I suggest you purchase it from a party that offers such things.

From GPLv2 (a popular open source license):

This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful,
    but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of
    MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the
    GNU General Public License for more details.

From MIT (also popular):

THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR
    IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY,
    FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE
    AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER
    LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM,
    OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN
    THE SOFTWARE.

From Apachev2:

Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software
    distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS,
    WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied.
    See the License for the specific language governing permissions and
    limitations under the License.

And from FreeBSD:

THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE COPYRIGHT HOLDERS AND CONTRIBUTORS "AS IS" AND ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE COPYRIGHT HOLDER OR CONTRIBUTORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.

Not trying to beleaguer the point, but things get done when there is time to do them.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• So no chance of an update this side of 2015 then basically.

I offered to help you fix the theme and even gave you a better version. If you still want to work on it instead of waiting for the author, let me know , give me a link to the site and make a list of the issues you want fixed.

Sometimes it is easier that way. Because even if he updates it, it may still have issues particular to you.

• Jonathan WJonathan W Scranton, PA

I think it's worth pointing out that @phreak also sells themes on his? website. As a businessman, I'd have to say that paying work will always trump free work. You don't go to the soup kitchen and complain that the food is too salty. Not that Open Source is the software-world equivalent of a soup kitchen, but I feel the analogy applies.

If you'd like some professional help, I'd be more than willing to offer my services as a developer. I'm currently trying to build out a portfolio (lost all of my work a few years ago in a bit of a disaster), so I'm selling myself rather cheap these days. :)

On the other hand, @vrijvlinder offered you a free solution, and Google is a great help when trying to figure things out.

• phreakphreak Vanilla*APP (White Label) & Vanilla*Skins Shop MVP

@idealmike: The upgrade is coming sure. Just, you know, there is so much going on in the world, like love, wars, my family and such things that come before your needs. So i ask you to be patient or find your own solution in the meantime. If i do something i release to more people i want to do it right and concentrated and bit hushush. If you keep beeing a brat like this i will speak to your mum.

• VanillaAPP | iOS & Android App for Vanilla - White label app for Vanilla Forums OS
    • VanillaSkins | Plugins, Themes, Graphics and Custom Development for Vanilla
  • LOL okay phreak no problem cool that sounds great! Am currently running bootstrap theme but iFruit is pretty much exactly what it needs really can't wait! :+1: anything as long as you don't speak to my mom lol ;)

• @vrijvlinder said:
    I offered to help you fix the theme and even gave you a better version. If you still want to work on it instead of waiting for the author, let me know , give me a link to the site and make a list of the issues you want fixed.

Sometimes it is easier that way. Because even if he updates it, it may still have issues particular to you.

Sent you a PM.

Sorry I did not get it. Just give me a link and make a list of what it is you need fixed. I am a bit busy at the moment. I had more time last week :(