Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Reset Growing DiscussionID's

Hi there, it's me again with brainless questions ...

How can I modify or take control about the growing ID's of dicussions in order to prevent numbers like 666, 6666 or 666kk after doing test tasks? I know it should be a plugin department, but I'm not trying to replace the empty ID's when they are not existing as active post, just resetting them without re-installing Vanilla because I was just testing :3
Probably it happened with the usernames too.

Example:
example.com/discussion/ID/name-of-discussion

When I'm going to write the first post it starts in the ID "20" for example. Thanks!

Best Answers

Answers

• Options
    hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator
    Answer ✓

The ID is actually handed out by MySQL. You can set the auto increment value to something arbitrary using the following syntax:

ALTER TABLE GDN_Discussion AUTO_INCREMENT = 31337;

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Options

Thanks <3

• Options
    edited May 2015

One more thing, is working with usernames in the same way? Modifying the database like this may cause any problem or conflict?

ALTER TABLE GDN_User AUTO_INCREMENT = 3;

• Options
    vrijvlindervrijvlinder Papillon-Sauvage MVP

to prevent numbers like 666, 6666 or 666kk

What is so wrong with these numbers ? The number six is not an unlucky number and in numerology you add up all the numbers until you get a single digit example

666=9

6666=6 lol that is a coincidental singularity in numerology ...

• Options

@vrijvlinder said:

I just don't wanted to manage a big IDs in the first discussion of my board, because I've been testing adding new discussions and usernames. I love Satan too :p .

• Options
    Answer ✓
  • Options
    edited May 2015

I am bewildered when people reacts with 'LOL' to something that helped me... rarely isn't a standard @R_J :p:3
    Edit: It all adds up to be the answer, 'the LOL too'.

• Options

It has nothing to do with that, Lol here gives no points anymore so because it was funny and also interesting and I like it I gave a heart for points and a lol to show it made laugh...

• Options
    hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

@vrijvlinder
    lol here gives no points

Really? :(

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Options
    R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

@Deprecatedz said:
    I am bewildered when people reacts with 'LOL' to something that helped me...

I would have clicked "smile" instead of "lol" if that would be possible. I hope that puts your mind at ease again ;)