Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

How to remove Title

mashninomashnino New
edited May 2015 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Hello, i am newbie to the bootstrap theme and there are some irrelevant things i want to remove that are eating up space

1. Like the item in the red box above, i noticed that it is linked to the page title, i went into the master.tpl file of the bootstrap theme and i didnt see where to change that particular item.

I have looked for the default master.tpl that renders the Homepage to look for the item, i couldnt find that,

So please, would someone be kind enough to point me to the right direction.

and what i want is to remove that long title from the top of my page.

1. I want to add a meta tag to the header of my pages, which was another reason why i was looking for the default master.tpl file but all to no avail either.

2. Can someone tell me why i can't login to my forum on mobile, i had to enable my forum on tapatalk to be able to interact with it, ofcourse with the app.

Tagged:

Comments

• whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... MVP
    edited May 2015

@mashnino

Please don't carry on discussions on more than one thread.

You have already asked about your mobile issue here:

http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/29926/cant-login-to-forum-on-mobile-and-proxy-network#latest

to which people have responded.

To make simple CSS changes, I would suggest that you use this addon:

http://vanillaforums.org/addon/cssedit-plugin

You will need to use a web inspector to identify the element that you want to apply the rule(s) to.

The default.master file for Bootstrap is in

themes/bootstrap/views

Depending on what you want to add in the META tag, you might find it easier to go to

Dashboard - Appearance - Banner

and fill in the site description.

• @whu606 Thanks for the plugin... it was really easy to use..

I am sorry for the "carry-on"..

I would have loved to just re-install the whole setup but i dont want a situation where

the forum gets bonk..

That was why i was asking about the problem