Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

How to remove Title

mashninomashnino New
edited May 2015 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Hello, i am newbie to the bootstrap theme and there are some irrelevant things i want to remove that are eating up space

1. Like the item in the red box above, i noticed that it is linked to the page title, i went into the master.tpl file of the bootstrap theme and i didnt see where to change that particular item.

I have looked for the default master.tpl that renders the Homepage to look for the item, i couldnt find that,

So please, would someone be kind enough to point me to the right direction.

and what i want is to remove that long title from the top of my page.

1. I want to add a meta tag to the header of my pages, which was another reason why i was looking for the default master.tpl file but all to no avail either.

2. Can someone tell me why i can't login to my forum on mobile, i had to enable my forum on tapatalk to be able to interact with it, ofcourse with the app.

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... MVP
    edited May 2015

@mashnino

Please don't carry on discussions on more than one thread.

You have already asked about your mobile issue here:

http://vanillaforums.org/discussion/29926/cant-login-to-forum-on-mobile-and-proxy-network#latest

to which people have responded.

To make simple CSS changes, I would suggest that you use this addon:

http://vanillaforums.org/addon/cssedit-plugin

You will need to use a web inspector to identify the element that you want to apply the rule(s) to.

The default.master file for Bootstrap is in

themes/bootstrap/views

Depending on what you want to add in the META tag, you might find it easier to go to

Dashboard - Appearance - Banner

and fill in the site description.

• Options

@whu606 Thanks for the plugin... it was really easy to use..

I am sorry for the "carry-on"..

I would have loved to just re-install the whole setup but i dont want a situation where

the forum gets bonk..

That was why i was asking about the problem