HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Activity badge image does not update if already awarded.

Here's the sequence to recreate:

-Create a badge, upload an image, set rule
-Award badge, check it is shown in users activity
-Delete/reupload image to badge in dashboard
-Check activity again

Badge will be updated on profile section beneath user picture, but the activity image will remain the same.

I noticed they use different class names for them, ProfilePhotoMedium does not update with changes

ProfilePhotoSmall does update.

Tagged:

Comments

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

Welcome to the community!

Thanks for trying my addon. The activity feed serves as a record that something happened. Any modifications to your YAGA configuration will not retro-actively change the activity record. To do so would effectively rewrite history.

It is by design that I do not "update" the activity feed. It also doesn't change points received for the badge at that point in time.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Okay understandable, as an additional bit of feedback, it may be worth making a note of this in Edit Badge beneath the Delete File, Choose Photo section. The UX on that is confusing without noting something like "Image changes will not be reflected in user activity for historical purposes".

My documentation is indeed lacking. :(

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• nimhnimh New
    edited May 2015

Well that may be, but your app is definitely not lacking in features :p

Thank you for creating this, it will soon be crucial to our community forums. We are already digging around and writing a few custom badge rules. B)

@nimh said:
    Well that may be, but your app is definitely not lacking in features :p

Thank you for creating this, it will soon be crucial to our community forums. We are already digging around and writing a few custom badge rules. B)

Awesome! I have rolled out some features to the development version that allow you to wrap your custom rules in a plugin (no moving files into/out of the yaga folder required).

I am not sure if you have seen it either, but there is some documentation here: http://hgtonight.github.io/Application-Yaga/

Search first