Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

"DISPLAY AS: Categories" and "Display root categories as headings."

So, we have a bunch of products, and have different categories for each one of them. For our newer products, we have several categories. I've arranged them under Root Categories as shown below.

Then I selected "Display root categories as headings". And it works great! Until you go to the root category. It takes all the categories and uses them as Headings. I've tried adding another category in there to counteract this, but it only pushes the issue down. Also with this, there is now a clickable link to this category in the sidebar.

QUESTION: How can I remove the "Display root categories as headings" when looking at sub-categories?

Tagged:

Answers

• dashboard/forums/categories

There are two sections the first is on the categories page at the top

The second click edit on the category, there is an option for css class, select your desired class.

• edited May 2015

@DSX said:
    dashboard/forums/categories

There are two sections the first is on the categories page at the top

The second click edit on the category, there is an option for css class, select your desired class.

Is there a second part to that? Adding a CSS class for the categories does nothing relevant.

Also, revised question: How can I remove the "Display root categories as headings" for sub-categories?

• you have to select your class let me see if i can find the right one.... @x00 usually knows these things off the top of his head. ;)

• additionally check out this conversation here and this plugin here by @Bleistivt

• I have no issue editing the CSS, so I don't really have a use for that plugin. I'm also not trying to disable page titles, so I don't really see how it's relevant either. I read through the entire thread and didn't really find anything applicable.

Thanks for trying, though! :)

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

Try changing the categories view to the categories - discussions view.

I think this is what you want.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• @hgtonight said:
    Try changing the categories view to the categories - discussions view.

I think this is what you want.

No, not exactly. If I do, it looks like this:

I want it to look like this:

I get this if I disable "Display root categories as headings", but then the main Categories page is broken.

• DSXDSX New
    edited May 2015

That is What i am saying. You can change it with the CSS class no? I realize you were not trying to change the titles... but in that recent discussion we were discussing how many things could be accomplished with CSS. It seems in this case would be a place to start. i figured you could create a special class and use the css class selector to have it execute.

• Is "Display root categories as headings" set with CSS? It feels like it would be a php thing.