Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

Setting Page Indexable

jobbatamjobbatam Batam New
edited May 2015 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Good morning my friends, i tested my vanilla forum with Seo Score Add ons in mozila, but the home page non indexable, where I can setup this problem to fix my forum to be indexable?
thanks so much ;)

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• Options

@Todd after I check again, it is due to the canonical URL. search engines do not index main page www.example.com but www.example.com/discussions. Can I make the main page index by search engines? not www.example.com/discussions. I search some discussion with this topic but i cant find fix this.
    cc @R_J and @hgtonight
    thanks

• Options

change it in your robot.txt files i wouldn't take the indexing away from the forum tho. I can its set to such.

• Options

@R_J said:
    The "problem" is that the main page isn't indexed because the main page tells the search engine it is not homepage.com/ but homepage.com/recent. Therefore there is no main page that can be indexed.
    I must admit it feels like it should be the other way around: hompage.com/recent as what you can see in the browser and homepage.com as canonical link. On the other hand, I think Google strives for ranking those side up that have a good user experience. I would hate it if I had to enter hompage.com/recent instead of only hompage.com/. I do not have an advice in this case :neutral:

But deleting the root page from the robots.txt so that it shouldn't be indexed when the problem is that the root page isn't indexed doesn't sound like a solution ;)

you are right, however i was making the statement based on the fact i can see the indexing was disallowed... maybe i saw it wrong.

• Options

@R_J thanks for your explain, the conclusion is there is no way to make main page indexable by search engine.. sadly :(

• Options

@DSX said:
    you are right, however i was making the statement based on the fact i can see the indexing was disallowed... maybe i saw it wrong.

So, What should we do?