Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.
Options

No event on clicking on the button "change schedule"

Hi,

When I click on the button "change schedule", no event appears.

Preview :

Vanilla version : 2.1.9

Theme : Bootstrap 2.5.1

Comments

• Options
    R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

:+1: Wow! That is the first time I see someone creating an animated gif in order to explain his problem. You definitely deserve some kind of badge for that! :awesome:

• Options
    hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

Welcome to the community!

Per the release notes: "Vanilla 2.0/2.1.b. Plugin was not tested with the production version of Vanilla 2.1"

I would inspect the JS, set a breakpoint, start debugging, and step through the code. There is clearly an event handler in the JS (the ev in the inspector indicates this).

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• Options

I have the same problem, so embarking on the same process.

• Options
    businessdadbusinessdad Stealth contributor MVP
    edited May 2015

@hgtonight said:
    Welcome to the community!

Per the release notes: "Vanilla 2.0/2.1.b. Plugin was not tested with the production version of Vanilla 2.1"

I would inspect the JS, set a breakpoint, start debugging, and step through the code. There is clearly an event handler in the JS (the ev in the inspector indicates this).

Correct. Most probably, the datetime picker could not be loaded due to some conflict with Vanilla 2.1 jQuery libraries. Ironically, the GIF shows the issue, but hides the console, which is where JavaScript error would be displayed. :)

• Options

@businessdad said:

you're right!

• Options
  • Options

Post scheduler is also interfering with CLEditor. With it enabled, I don't get WYSYWIG editing of starting posts. New posts are fine, editing comments is fine.
    With Post Scheduler disabled all posts edit as WYSYWIG.
    I wasn't sure if it was Post Scheduler or one of he dependencies, eg the Aelia Foundation Classes interferes with Role creation.
    More data to factor into the debugging.
    I'm learning how to debug in the browser dev tools. It's a challenge.

• Options
    edited May 2015

That's all possible, as the production release of Vanilla 2.1 has probably introduced breaking changes in several places and I didn't have the opportunity to test them.

Both the AFC and the Post Scheduler are in public Git repositories, if anyone wants to contribute. I just noticed that I didn't publish the link to the AFC repository, I added it to the plugin description now. Here it is as well: https://bitbucket.org/businessdad/aelia-foundation-classes.

• Options

One tip to simplify debugging: the fact that the WYSIWYG editor doesn't appear is unrelated to the role creation. The two are probably separate issues, and should be reviewed independently.

• Options

@businessdad said:
    One tip to simplify debugging: the fact that the WYSIWYG editor doesn't appear is unrelated to the role creation. The two are probably separate issues, and should be reviewed independently.

Yep, figured that, thank-you.

Still learning how to debug jquery based "stuff" in a browser. Getting there, just need more of that time thing.