Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

How to Fix error Duplicate entry '6-8'

jobbatamjobbatam Batam New
edited May 2015 in Vanilla 2.0 - 2.8

Hello, i need help here,
I dont how to describe this problem, but i can tell by image

when i go to http://www.mydomain.com/dashboard/user/applicants to approve new member, i see errot like this:
Duplicate entry '6-8' for key 'PRIMARY'|Gdn_Database|Query|insert GDN_UserRole (UserID, RoleID) values (:UserID, :RoleID)
for some member

Other member no error notification (work fine) but, when i approve rule of member go blank like this :

I use roletitle and yaga rank..
before this error, i install vanilla twice because i delete config.php file in /conf

thanks for your best help because i dont know to fix this issue, and i dont know where best place i can ask.

Tagged:

Comments

• R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

You really, really, really, really should not publish the mail addresses of your users!

• jobbatamjobbatam Batam New
    edited May 2015

i m sorry, i will replace it.. soon
    thanks for your attention
    but to late,,
    oh no..
    but, can you help me mr @R_J ?

• whu606whu606 I'm not a SuperHero; I just like wearing tights... MVP

@jobbatam

I've deleted those images.

If you add new ones in a subsequent post, I'll add them back into the post.

• R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin

Check if the applicants UserIDs are already in table GDN_UserRole. That might have happened because you have installed Vanilla multiple times

edited May 2015

@whu606 said:
    jobbatam

I've deleted those images.

If you add new ones in a subsequent post, I'll add them back into the post.

thanks for your help, i have insert new image, please keep in the first discussions =)

@R_J said:
    Check if the applicants UserIDs are already in table GDN_UserRole. That might have happened because you have installed Vanilla multiple times

I find this code in class.rolemodel.php but i don't know What should I do? i tired to install again this vanilla forum, I want the existing running as it should..

• Probably as a result of deleting things directly in the database, the auto index has go messed up.

grep is your friend.

@x00 said:
    Probably as a result of deleting things directly in the database, the auto index has go messed up.

yups, the second installation i just take config.php, after that i replace new installation database with older database.. but now there is fatal error in user database, i searching solution how to import discussion with registered member and found vanilla porter, thats really hard for me work with cpanel because i m not webmaster background. please someone can help me, i tired to choose third istallation as solution.

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

The duplicate index is probably referring to two record in the GDN_UserRole table with UserID of 6 and RoleID of 8. This is just a guess, but I would suggest looking for duplicate records and removing them.

Also, if you don't have default roles set up, your users will not have a role when they are approved.

Be sure to set up default roles at //forums.example.com/dashboard/role/defaultroles

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.