HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

ProfileExtender (and surely another extension translation)

Hi,

I want to use ProfileExtender, in included in package extension for the last vanilla distribution.

I want to translate BirthDay. The plugin is in Vanilla Core, but the string is not in translation : https://www.transifex.com/projects/p/vanilla/language/fr/

Can you give me some information ?
Thanks a lot

Best Answers

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator
    edited June 2015 Answer ✓
    $Definition['Birthday'] = 'Anniversaire';

in /conf/locale.php.

Don't have a /conf/locale.php? Create the file and put <?php if (!defined('APPLICATION')) exit(); on the first line.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin
    Answer ✓

You would have to register an account on transifex. After someone from the Vanilla staff has added you to the group, you can add translations to the official locale file. If you are translating strings that are part of some official plugins, you should add it to the official locale file on transifex.

If you want to translate words that are part of some other plugins, add it to your own locale file like hgtonight advised to do.

Answers

edited June 2015 Answer ✓
    $Definition['Birthday'] = 'Anniversaire';

in /conf/locale.php.

Don't have a /conf/locale.php? Create the file and put <?php if (!defined('APPLICATION')) exit(); on the first line.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• OK,

Thanks for the system.
    A question more : no specific system for plugins translation ? For example if i want to contribute on "this plugin" with translation, the Plugin dev must activate translation before ?

Thanks

I am not sure how the transifex system is set up (I don't work here).

Last I heard, @Todd was in charge of that.

Search first

• R_JR_J Ex-Fanboy Munich Admin
    Answer ✓

You would have to register an account on transifex. After someone from the Vanilla staff has added you to the group, you can add translations to the official locale file. If you are translating strings that are part of some official plugins, you should add it to the official locale file on transifex.

If you want to translate words that are part of some other plugins, add it to your own locale file like hgtonight advised to do.

• OK, think i have all information needed . Great thanks !

And : i don't apply RTFM really : http://docs.vanillaforums.com/developers/locales/