Please upgrade here. These earlier versions are no longer being updated and have security issues.
HackerOne users: Testing against this community violates our program's Terms of Service and will result in your bounty being denied.

Removing WYSIWYG box on user's profile page?

Hello everyone,

On the Bittersweet theme, there is a WYSIWYG text editor box on a user's profile page where they can input stuff and leave it on their "wall", or another user's "wall".

How can I remove this box? I've searched through the theme template but can't seem to find where this is.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much!

Comments

• Hi @MrCanadian,

the bittersweet theme is using the activity view (applications/dashboard/views/profile/activity.php)

To remove the Editor you could overwrite this view by creating a new acitivity.php inside the theme folder and outcomment the lines where the editor will be included.

• hgtonighthgtonight ∞ · New Moderator

Try adding $Configuration['Garden']['Profile']['ShowActivities'] = false; to your /conf/config.php file.

Search first

Check out the Documentation! We are always looking for new content and pull requests.

Click on insightful, awesome, and funny reactions to thank community volunteers for their valuable posts.

• edited July 2015

@Yougeen said:
    Hi MrCanadian,

the bittersweet theme is using the activity view (applications/dashboard/views/profile/activity.php)

To remove the Editor you could overwrite this view by creating a new acitivity.php inside the theme folder and outcomment the lines where the editor will be included.

Hey Yougeen, thanks for taking the time to respond, I appreciate it.

Is there any way I could convince you to teach me how to "outcomment" the editor lines in activity.php, and what lines would need to have this done to them?

I'm still pretty new at this and don't fully understand how to do everything quite yet.

Thanks again.

• @hgtonight said:
    Try adding $Configuration['Garden']['Profile']['ShowActivities'] = false; to your /conf/config.php file.

Precisely what I was seeking to do - thank you very much for your help (and Yougeen, too), I really appreciate it.